JUST GOT A TICKET FOR USING THE CELL PHONE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramrezz425

Reaction score
The news last night said that Law Enforcment was on a "Blood Hunt" for cell phone users and sure enough I got popped! Burbank PD on their standard issue BMW R1200's motioned me over. Super nice Burbank Cop, I was only looking at the Google map of route to the Auto Club office. he saw me look down and KaBlam! Ticket.

While he was writing me up I was checking out his bike. Nice Bike but its not sexy like my FJR. It looks like a transformer toy. Nice bike though.

Moral here: STAY OFF THE FECKING PHONE WHILE IN THE CAGE, WATCH OUT FOR COPPERS THEY ARE WATCHING FOR YOU. ,COP even told me to limit lane splitting(on FJR not in cage), since so many peeps are distracted on the cell phones and really looking out for other cars. He has been nearly side swiped a few times. cop said it will not add a point to my squeeky clean record. but take care of it asap.

The definition of the law is "hands free" - that is why I have a dash mount for my Droid X for navigation purposes. I use bluetooth for calls.

I like the cell phone enforcement! Keeps numbskulls from being distracted due to yakking on the phone or texting away.

No comment. :glare:
Gunny! Ok, I can't resist.
Sorry bud, here goes my rant on cell phones....

Lord knows I of all people don't want any more silly laws; however, I would not loose sleep if cell phones were band completely in the car. For that matter ban them period. Life was simpler without them. :eek:

The cop'ers in Cali will nail you period, even if you look like you're looking at your phone. Neighbor of mine got nailed for looking at the time on his phone.

Please drive while driving folks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quota,Quota!!

There must be something else they could be looking for?

Broken Light

Cali Stop

Open Container

Gun

Unbuckled Child

Prostitution

ETC.

I would not loose sleep if cell phones were band completely in the car. For that matter ban them period. Life was simpler without them. :eek:
You go, Bluesy!!! I hear ya on that and applaud you for striking a blow for all us Luddites who wish a lot of things were simpler again.* :clapping: :clapping:

* while sheepishly acknowledging that I love riding 21st century two wheel technology instead of that supercharged vibrator of a '69 BSA 650 Thunderbolt I once owned. B)

For those of us who use our cell phones as ramrezz was for nav...I wonder if they would nail you if you had a cell phone holder on your dash and looked at it?

I've lost track of the number of times I've hit the binders for a cell-phone-attached-to-ear person or eyes-watching-text-message-person turn left in front of me on the way to work (one intersection never fails to disappoint in this regard unfortunately)...at least one state looks like it's getting serious about tackling the problem. These sorts of distractions are increasing daily; it needs to be nipped in the bud.

No comment. :glare:
Was it something like, "Dumbass!" ;)

Seriously, I've read too many stories of horrific incidents because someone was on their cell phone - talking, texting, looking at the screen, whatever. I get in my car and that phone stays tucked away until I get to my destination or I can find a safe place to pull over.

25 dollar ticket...........................but with all they add on,court costs etc.you just pissed away 200 plus dollars.

Good for them for enforcing a reasonable traffic law. Driving should be job #1 and many a rider has been subjected to drivers who disagree. Using is using. Pull off the road, set the brake, and put the transmission in park/neutral before operating the phone.

23123. (a) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving.

I Repeat!!

Moral here: STAY OFF THE FECKING PHONE WHILE IN THE CAGE, WATCH OUT FOR COPPERS THEY ARE WATCHING FOR YOU.

Not looking for sympathy, I fucked up. its too easy to answer the damn phone. This cop really spent an extra few minutes telling me about his shift on a Bike. My message was to warn everyone who was like me and take it for granted that everyone is looking out for other drivers let alone other riders. dr

I wish I had Balls as big as yours 'cuz there's no-way I'd come on a Motorcycle Forum and admit that mistake! :rofl:

I don't care what they say about you, Dave....you're alright.

Except when you use that fackin' phone! :lol2:

I wonder if you would have gotten a ticket if it were the iPod Touch?

Or the iPad.

Navigon and TomTom work just as well on those two devices.
The idea is that you weren't paying attention to the road at that moment. Unfortunately it was a telephone that was in your hands. Thats why you got the ticket.

glare.gif

Brodie

I wish I had Balls as big as yours 'cuz there's no-way I'd come on a Motorcycle Forum and admit that mistake! :rofl:

I don't care what they say about you, Dave....you're alright.
+1. We so often hear the (well justified) rantings of someone who just got cut off by an idiot on the cell phone. It's nice to hear when someone admits they screwed up, and warns others. I applaud your courage. :clapping:

Except when you use that fackin' phone! :lol2:
+1, dumbass. :p