Ken Blocks new mustang

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone would pay me to drive their car like that, I'd never miss a day if work. Though...Now that I think about it, I wonder if my all-wheel-drive Eco-Boost Police Interceptor Explorer will do any of that. Maybe the day before I retire...

Those ol 289's run purdy good....

laugh.png

Roush/Yates 6.7 Liter motor. 845 HP They used a Sadev AWD system in it. Just the tranny with transfer case is over $18,000.

Car cost $$$$, fuel costs, permitting costs (closed streets, LA river), off-duty police officers, all those cop cars, film crew costs, insurance, post-film cleanup costs ..... and you can see from the prior skid marks that he's done some of those donuts several times.

Yeah, well, it's only money and that looked fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, I was doing that with my '13 Santa Fe last night, got that 295 horse v6 just cranking, nah just kidding. I do have to say that I wish I could leave work doing that, can't get away from there fast enough. Sweet ride!

I'd venture to say that he doesn't have much issues driving in the snow.

That was pure testosterone driven excitement! My god, was that fun to watch, thanks!

More like a 427 big block cobra jet engine.
What a blast,

Dave
not that it really matters to anybody but a fordnatic but the 427 wasn't a cobra jet. there was a 428 cobra jet. the 428cj or scj had the cool sounding name. the 427 predated the flashy muscle car era and didn't have a cool advertising name but the ultimate evolution of the fe big block motor was the cross bolted, side oiler 427 with heads in low/medium/high riser, tunnelport or sohc flavors. wished i'd owned one. i had to settle for looking at the massive expanse of iron intake manifold atop the 352s and 390s in the engine bays of the galactic sleds that passed through my youth wishing they were 427s. gotta go now all this fe big block talk has me needing a cold shower.

What a blast,

Dave
not that it really matters to anybody but a fordnatic but the 427 wasn't a cobra jet. there was a 428 cobra jet. the 428cj or scj had the cool sounding name. the 427 predated the flashy muscle car era and didn't have a cool advertising name but the ultimate evolution of the fe big block motor was the cross bolted, side oiler 427 with heads in low/medium/high riser, tunnelport or sohc flavors. wished i'd owned one. i had to settle for looking at the massive expanse of iron intake manifold atop the 352s and 390s in the engine bays of the galactic sleds that passed through my youth wishing they were 427s. gotta go now all this fe big block talk has me needing a cold shower.
tumblr_inline_na7wa32qux1qiia82.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

What a blast,

Dave
tumblr_inline_na7wa32qux1qiia82.gif
i wish i hadn't been eating a bowl of cereal when i saw this post. now i've got to go purge the bran flakes from my nostrils.

one of my all time favorite movies. then again, anything with marisa tomei stops me in my tracks-think you can dig up one of her hanes commercials for me. i don't even care if she didn't get it right about the skylark or tempest or whatever having irs-or did she-i'm not real sure-i'm a ford man.

i guess i'll go over to ebay now and see what a 406 sunliner goes for nowadays