Key West Trip!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't keep up with this thread, it's outta control. I do have one request though. When you guys go, and you post pics, please start a new thread so we who can't go can check it out. Lots of times the pics get tagged into the planning thread and we'll miss out.

Wish I could go!!!

Yeah, Jasen. This thing has taken a bad turn. I can't believe my luck. But, we'll reschedule. I just might go down there myself for a weekend of sucking down piña coladas when my ordeal so over with. I'll try my best to at least provide the bed and breakfast for those who are still going. It's not the end of the world. It's just a 4 hour cruise from my house. That's Life! :)

Sorry, I'm not going to make this one guys...The buoy will have to wait...
Well that's a shame too Chuck, was looking forward to meeting up.
How about Tony? Any chance we could meet up or you would take another trip to KW?
I will ride to Key West whenever the opportunity arises. I might not spend the night down there (Budget), but I love to do the Late night/early morning ride down and return in the late evening.

As it gets later in the year (Hotter) this ride becomes more and more draining. The one photo Allen and I should have gotten (But didn't ), was the large dolphin statue outside of the "Flipper"

museum.

I know it is a pain for most to awaken and ride early in the morning, but the alternative is bumper to bumper stop and go ride for twice as much time. But the darkened moon lit ride down creates

a wonderful contrast to the evening ride return. It is like two different rides over the same miles. So i suggest you plan the rides and whoever can make it- makes it. Plan it often enough and soon

everyone that wanted to make the ride will do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Steve and I are still going as planned. Too bad all these well laid plans will be for naught for some of you, but it's understandable. I'll be taking my camera, and getting photos of the trip.

Capt'n Tony's here I come!

Don't worry, Rob. There will be plenty more rides and meets to be had. Any time after the 31st, I'm free as a bird! :)
You bet Vic. Maybe a tech day will follow where we can mod your throttle cam and fit my yet to be delivered bargain tire(s)!!
Did I hear someone say another tech day? !!!

Don't tease me, Tony. Just make it after the 31st. I'm getting close to needing a pair of PR4's. I'm going to have them delivered to Mims so they will be waiting for me at Jim's house. Think I'll do that soon. EOM14 is around the corner. :)

That's great Vic! So we're (Steve & I) are still good at your place Friday night?

fuck.gif

Chicago? I like Chicago, so can't blame you. Maybe another time then. Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer, Chuck. Don't worry, you're within arms reach. There will be many more rides to come. You will always have a bed and a shower in Florida. :)