KLIM Gear Protection Guarantee Program | Crash, Free Replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abercrombie FJR

Reaction score
Wow! I just found another new reason to love my Klim gear. You crash and wreck it, they replace it! I don't suppose my rashed Klim Latitude suit from a deer strike two years ago will be eligible.
icon_lol.gif

https://www.klim.com/gear-protection-guarantee

INTRODUCING

THE KLIM® GEAR PROTECTION GUARANTEE

KLIM has your back.
If you are involved in a motorcycle *accident within FIVE YEARS of purchasing *qualifying KLIM® gear, KLIM® will replace the damaged KLIM® gear FREE OF CHARGE.

If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident and have damaged *qualifying KLIM® gear, here’s how to get it replaced:

Take photos of your *qualified damaged gear you are requesting to have replaced.
Obtain a copy of your official accident report and take readable photos/scans of the entire document.
Visit https://www.klim.com/gear-protection-guarantee and fill in all required information.
Upload all gear photos and accident report photos when prompted.
Once submitted, customer service will review your case and contact you within 10 business days to let you know if you qualify for replacements and arrange the details.

* AN OFFICIAL POLICE REPORT MUST BE PROVIDED TO KLIM® TO REVIEW IN ORDER BE EVALUATED FOR REPLACEMENT GEAR

* QUALIFYING GEAR:
All KLIM® Motorcycle outerwear Jackets and Pants
KLIM® K1R Helmet, KLIM® TK1200 Helmet, KLIM® Krios ADV Helmet

* KLIM® reserves the right to evaluate each accident on a case-by-case basis, establish whether the program rules were followed and approve or deny each request accordingly.
* KLIM® will not approve gear replacement requests from riders that have been shown to have caused/contributed to the accident through illegal activity or that were caused by riders under the influence of any mind-altering/illegal substance.
* DISCLAIMER: Riding a motorcycle greatly increases your risk of an accident. Please ride responsibly and always wear protective gear to reduce the chance of injury.

Klim rocks. I don't fit their Badlands jacket well... but I have their offroad gear and love it. Would love this guarantee on the offroad gear. LOL. I hit the dirt all the time.

If you report the accident, does the report end up on your state's DMV record?

Will that then cause an increase in your insurance premium?

If so, how long will the report affect your insurance premium?

Will the value of the new gear offset the increased insurance costs?

One of the requirements is an "Official Police Report". I would think that if there is an official report that the DMV already knows about the accident. The rest obviously depends on your insurance company, policy, and past driving record.

If you report the accident, does the report end up on your state's DMV record?Will that then cause an increase in your insurance premium?

If so, how long will the report affect your insurance premium?

Will the value of the new gear offset the increased insurance costs?
- Yes, moreover it will also show in your motorcycle history if someone bothers to run a carfax, you won't be able to claim "never seen the rain" etc. It may also be a reason for rebuild/salvage title.

- depending on your current record

- usually for a year to two but that, and how much, depends on your record

- a set of their top of the line is approx $2500-$3000, basic stuff probably $600.

If you get injured at all or the accident involves any other vehicle/person/property you will probably want the report or the police will make one regardless of your opinion. It is an added benefit to the gear that I bought and would buy again regardless. On the other hand most of the insurance policies already cover protective gear and I'm not sure if you'd be able to double claim your gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way your insurance will find out about a crash report is if someone makes a claim regarding the crash. Also, if you get cited, they'll know about the cite, and they usually indicate if there was a crash or not. Insurance companies are NOT trolling state databases looking for crashed clients, and states are not looking up driver/rider info and sending it on to insurance companies. Sheesh...

I'd much rather spend the money on a higher quality suit that I can send it in for repair, for the same price as Klim is charging. Their gear is good, but if I have to crash again, it will be in the more durable and protective Motoport.