KrZy8 down n out?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC,

I just finished reading this entire thread and can't compliment you enough for sticking with the "fix it" attitude as opposed to throwing in the towel and tossing her out back to rot away. I've got a friend with a independent MC shop who has a great mechanic in Merced (former stealer wrench) that's pretty good. Not to take anything away from FJRay's superior abilities, but this guy is about 150 miles from Creston. PM me if you want more info and good luck with the fussy little lady!

JW

Don't bother trying to get through to carver....he's too busy trying to resurrect his '79 Buick Kawi.
Howie?

You owe me a beer, frickhead... I just snorted one out after reading your post....

...really, a BUICK?

oh, no, mi amigo - more like this...

maserati-4.jpg

Probably the thing to do (the extra flush of oil); there's still that pesky 1 quart that you can't get out.
Which gets diluted enough with repeated fills-n-drains to not matter.
Agree!

Damn, it's going to be a long wait until KaitsDad can get to KrZy8...

Me thinks I should clean her up real good before surgery....

Don't bother trying to get through to carver....he's too busy trying to resurrect his '79 Buick Kawi.
Howie?

You owe me a beer, frickhead... I just snorted one out after reading your post....

...really, a BUICK?

oh, no, mi amigo - more like this...

maserati-4.jpg
A Maserati MC12????? REALLY?????

The KZ-6 is a GREAT bike, but it ain't no MC12. The Kaw has an electrical system that won't fry in a rainstorm, rust in a breeze or fall apart on B-road. The MC12 is all show and no go. You cranked the KZ 10 YEARS after it last ran. Most Masers won't crank 10 MINUTES after they last ran.

Keep goin' on the Big-6, but don't let KrZy8 get lost in the shuffle. :thumbsup:

Damn, it's going to be a long wait until KaitsDad can get to KrZy8...

Me thinks I should clean her up real good before surgery....
This would seem like an ideal time to try a 'leakdown' test. If you do get leakdown, it should be possible to 'detect' the leak from the now drained coolant system :rolleyes:

Don

Not to change the subject, but does your avatar indicate that you are a Felt rider? I'll be taking a spin on my F2 tomorrow morning. Good to see another muscle powered crank turner on board here.
No, it's just a picture I snagged off the web. I'm too aerodynamically-challenged to be fast enough for an aero bike. More of a weight-weenie hill-climb kinda guy on a Fondriest Carbon Lex ('04, just like my FJR)....

Flushed oil again today. The stuff coming out looked brandy-new and beautiful, so probably not needed. But I found Castrol 40w for 2.15 per qt and a filter is cheap enough. Next bit of time off will get the old gurl cleaned up for Mr. KD so he has a nice clean patient.

She did start, but reluctantly. Lots of coughing and whatnot from the left bank. Ran it just long enough to circ the fresh oil. Is it time to deliver her to ER yet?

No doubt that the good Dr. Hal will do a great job in short order. Just make sure that Bust doesn't do the pre surgery prep. It could get ugly.

Keep us posted on the autopsy and the fix