Kyron Harmon, Missing Boy from Skyline Elementary

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruppelt

Will always be FJR rider at heart
Reaction score
Kyron is missing at least since 10:30 am last Friday morning.

There's many news articles out there, here's one link: ABC news about Kyron

Kyron and my daughter went to the same mixed class last year; He was in first grade then, my daughter in Kindergarten. They mix classes here, K with 1st, 2nd with 3rd and so on. Kyron went to second grade this year, my daughter to first. And then since my daughter changed bus routes a few months ago, Kyron and Isabella became bus buddies, since Kyron only lives less then a mile away from us. In the boonies out here, that's fairly close. The school is great, highly rated academically and with rarely any problems, certainly nothing like you usually see at inner city schools.

To say that we are very distraught as a family about Kyron missing is definitely an understatement. They would not take any unqualified volunteers for the search (which is understandable), so to be able to do something I grabbed a couple of the search flyers at school yesterday after the interview (all parents and kids that were at school on Friday were interviewed for any possible leads), and made a bunch of color copies to hang them at work here. Amazing how uncomfortable Admins and even the folks at Starbucks were when you ask them to hang these missing kid flyers, even though it's local, it's all over the news the whole weekend, AND they are facing a distraught parent of a fellow school kid that wants to do something. It's against "company policy" to hang anything not work related on the bulletin boards. I'm glad they did give in with the warning that they couldn't guarantee it would be hanging for long. When exactly did America change to corporate from family friendly? No need to answer that one.

So even though I had a great ride by myself on Saturday from Portland to Tacoma and back, all I could think about was Kyron missing.

About any possible comments coming in here, please refrain from the Sherlock Holmes tour de force about motives and so on. I've read enough comments on the news sites about the step mom being suspicious to last me for a lifetime. All based on absolutely Zero insight, since the only people that can comment on that relationship would be the closest friends and the inner family circle.

The facts that I DO know from personal experience are that Friday at school was simply a zoo, with all class rooms showing all the kids projects, tons of people in different group sizes going through the rooms, and there were lot's of lines waiting to get into a room at times. Pair that with the school also having a talent show in the early afternoon, that made for a lot of parents hanging out at school the whole morning. So with that little tidbit maybe folks can understand a little bit better why there was no real worry about Kyrons whereabouts sooner then in the afternoon.

If you can, please send a prayer for Kyron's well being and safety. And also for his close family, I can't begin to imagine how horrible they all must feel.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I made everybody speechless with my post - looks like it's hard to comment on this.

I appreciate very much that the school provided free counseling to all the students, my daughter took full advantage of that yesterday and had two separate sessions.

I can really tell how distraught she is by how she acts with her little brother. She threw a wooden train engine his way yesterday, and hit him on the side of the head. It was from close up, it was not thrown very hard, more like lofted, and Oliver was fine. Isabella though immediately started to cry and sob and ran for her room, were she sat inconsolably for about 20 minutes before she calmed down again. Holly cow!

I guess I made everybody speechless with my post - looks like it's hard to comment on this.
I appreciate very much that the school provided free counseling to all the students, my daughter took full advantage of that yesterday and had two separate sessions.

I can really tell how distraught she is by how she acts with her little brother. She threw a wooden train engine his way yesterday, and hit him on the side of the head. It was from close up, it was not thrown very hard, more like lofted, and Oliver was fine. Isabella though immediately started to cry and sob and ran for her room, were she sat inconsolably for about 20 minutes before she calmed down again. Holly cow!
Our babies are special to us, even though you don't see a lot of posts I'm sure it hits a cord with many. The silence you here are prayers for his well being.

I had this in my mind, but it really hit home today because I got an email from my company saying this was an employee's kid and how other employees could help look for him. Glad to see more resources are possibly available for this purpose. My thoughts and prayers are with the child and the family and friends.

ah man...I had to wipe the tears away to keep seeing the screen and my trembling fingers could type very well

really...I'm not trying to be flip or melodramatic...I have two teenage daughters and pray every day about their well being and remind myself constantly not to sweat the small stuff. This precious little boy will be in my mind until this is resolved. Constant prayers with a sinking heart that theirs real evil in the world and at times wondering what God is doing. I also hang on to the really good outcomes I know about in these cases...either innocent or someone has some bit of conscience and drops them off to be found. I'm more or less a peaceful, moral, laid back kind of guy; but mess with one of my kids, and there's a dark side of me in there that might get me thrown in prison.

Again, big time prayers, mojo, kuddos, mojo, anything positive thrown this child's way...

May God be working to fix this situation...

Thanks for the comments, I figured reading my post was a hard thing for most, especially all you fellow parents.

What got to me the most so far is the sense of helplessness.

I wanted to help with the search, but couldn't. I posted as many of the flyers as I could, but that still doesn't seem like much.

All I can do is hug my kids when ever I see them and hope and pray for Kyron's return.

Heard this story on the news tonight Chris. Very hard for anyone, especially parents and those close to the missing child.

Tyler summed it up...

A parent's worst nightmare... praying that he is found unharmed and returned to his family and friends.
--G

I can't even imagine. How could you?

I have lots of friends in Portland and have already seen this posted on Facebook from those close to me, folks directly affected. I like to fix problems, but all you do is pray for situations like this one.

Just a quick update hrere.

We went to a vigil for Kyron yesterday night at Sunset Presbyterian to pray for his safe return - the amount of support the community shows is simply amazing.

The sheriffs office though stopped the overall search and rescue effort now and reclassified the whole case to a criminal investigation.

The family is asking everybody to keep up the hope for a safe return.