Ladies Joe Rocket Alter Ego

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
My girlfriend has decided on the Alter Ego jacket from Joe Rocket. Looks like I can get a good deal at NewEnough, but I would like any other suggested vendor before I make my decision.

Any recommendations from the masses here?

My wife liked her first Joe Rocket enough that she bought a second one. Note that Joe Rocket JACKETS are just that, a jacket, not a coat. A jacket has a short body length that ends at the hips whereas a coat would go over the hips. Be sure the jacket has a zipper in the back to attach the jacket to the pants. The first JR came from New Enough, they seem to be a good company.

Check the type and location of the armor. A zip-in liner is a major plus. Lighter colors don't heat up as much in the sun.

(The first Joe Rocket is for sale, size is large. Like new, black and FJR silver.)

Alan

I have the JR Phoenix jacket, and I love it. Got it during a wicked sale at Cycle Gear - $50. I'd love to have a JR jacket for winter riding. My leather jacket is not intended for MC use (but it has a high collar).

Much like where I live, AZBikergirl, your requirements for winter gear are quite different than most. A shorter winter season makes it tough to commit to the purchase of a high end winter jacket. Once you do though, it'll last you forever (since you only use 3 months per year).