last post

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a forum administrator elsewhere when one person contacts me and wants me to figure out why they can't post this or access that 100% of the time it's something on their end and there's nothing I can do for them or do about it.

Not sure what being a police officer has to do with it. :unsure:

I couldn't give a rats arse if you were a copper or not....Some of my longest and dearest friends are coppers. Doesn't stop me from saying what I like when I like to them in fact they respect that. As for your last post I think it reflects more about your ethos in life than anything else and I would be seeking a Psych evaluation as to why you have such low self esteem issues, my friend you with this kind of attitude should not be out on the streets with a loaded gun in my view. There are other issues afoot here.

I have been a member for almost a year. I can hardly ever post, this is the 15th time tonight and somhow I finaly got through. My fault is making it known that I am a Police officer. I guess I am not well liked in this group. because after several requests for help went ignored on how I can post and post pics. I will never visit this site agin. the FJR is a great bike and I will alays own one. I hAVE ALWAYS HAD A GREAT RESPECT FOR RESPONSIBLE MOTORCYCLE RIDERS AND THOUGHT I WOULD GET THE SAME IN RETUERN. GUESS NOT ...GOOD BY...tHANKS FOR THOSE WHO RESPONDED TO MY FEW POSTS.
Wow!

Hahahaahaa,

Most Peace Officers gotta have thicker skin than this...... :dribble:

Move along flatfoot!

Heheheheheh!!!!

WW

:ph34r:

036ba58847d9f9502e958595459921af.jpg

I have been a member for almost a year.
You subscribed on Jan 8, 2008. You have been a member for ~ 7 months.

I can hardly ever post
You have posted 176 times as of this response.

this is the 15th time tonight and somhow I finaly got through. My fault is making it known that I am a Police officer. I guess I am not well liked in this group.
Dude. Are you, like... drunk, or something?
shrug.gif

I will never visit this site agin.
The door is that-away =========>

And we are all sadden by the tragic loss of your insightful, witty contributions to the FJR community.

I'll go ahead and close your account for you, because, I am a giver, you see. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a member for almost a year. I can hardly ever post, this is the 15th time tonight and somhow I finaly got through. My fault is making it known that I am a Police officer. I guess I am not well liked in this group. because after several requests for help went ignored on how I can post and post pics. I will never visit this site agin. the FJR is a great bike and I will alays own one. I hAVE ALWAYS HAD A GREAT RESPECT FOR RESPONSIBLE MOTORCYCLE RIDERS AND THOUGHT I WOULD GET THE SAME IN RETUERN. GUESS NOT ...GOOD BY...tHANKS FOR THOSE WHO RESPONDED TO MY FEW POSTS.
Hmmmmm......at last count I had 21 officers on my unofficial list (including you).

If you FINALLY got through, it sounds like your issues are between your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your security software and the forum (I had a similar issue when I changed to Firefox/Mozilla). That wouldn't have much to do with the members here.

As for not having your questions answered, that happens. Nobody likes it and sometimes the over-exuberant purveyors of humor invade a legitimate question.

several requests for help went ignored on how I can post and post pics.
A.) If you are on the forum and posting a question, how could we answer unless we see it. If we CAN see it, you ARE POSTING. Do you see the conundrum? The issue might be better resolved using an administrator. Did you ever try a PM to one of them?

They're located at the bottom of the main page, under the "Blue Bar" labeled "Board Statistics" and there are a few links, including the moderators:

Today's active topics · The moderating team · Today's top 20 posters · Overall top 20 posters
B.) Posting pictures can be a confusing operation. I only learned because someone took the time, over lunch, and explained it to me in English rather than assuming I had knowledge of how the computer works. I'd be willing to help, but it has to be within the narrow time-frame I have available.

This all might be for naught if you have truly "left the building". One would hope that an officer of the court and one appointed to uphold law and order would be a bit less reactionary and willing to see all sides of an issue before determining that they possess all truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, every forum has it's own personality. Maybe your personality just doesn't mesh well with the personality of this particular forum. I know mine doesn't so I don't participate much here myself. I spend most of my time at Skipper's place.

Several of the members her are LEOs, and I don't notice them getting hassled much.

So, nobody helped you with your questions. That's pretty characteristic of this forum. If you're lucky, when you post a question here, someone will direct you to another thread containing the answer. Often, several other people will pile on, criticizing you for not finding the answer yourself. This isn't the most tolerant forum on the 'net, as I found out early on.

And, you know, there is a HELP button up there on the top right that kind of answers those questions in detail. if you read through the help section, and you still can't post, then there's a good chance that no one here is gonna be able to help you. The members aren't system administrators. they can't fix your local machine. That's gonna be true, anywhere, no matter what forum it is. It's nobody's responsibility here to teach you how to create posts or display pictures. Some things you gotta firgure out for yourself.

But so what? There's a lot of good info here, if you look for it. And if you don't like the interaction here, you don't have to participate much. I mean, if you went to a concert, would you expect to like all 3,000 people that attended? So why would you expect to like all the people here, just because they ride the same motorcycle that you do?

Although, I gotta say, If I don't like a particular forum, I don't make a big announcement about it and leave in a huff. I just leave. And, if you think nobody here likes you, then why make the grand exit? It's not gonna make anyone like you better. And, the vast majority of the members here are total strangers that you will never, ever meet in real life. So I'm not sure what you accomplish by making the big, "I'm taking my little red wagon and going home" speech.

Dude, lighten up....it's the intraweb!

Chances are if you dragged your pointer over the icons and gave it a second, a tag would appear stating what the function of said icon is....I'm just sayin'.

One would hope that an officer of the court and one appointed to uphold law and order would be a bit less reactionary and willing to see all sides of an issue before determining that they possess all truth.
Sadly, however, those hopes are so often dashed.

I welcome the LEO's perspective, as well as most of the other characters encounter here; it all makes for a good mix (most of the time). Sorry to see you go, but without a change of (your attitude) perhaps it's best. Happy trails if you decide to leave. You're still a biker and I wish you well.

Wow!

Hahahaahaa,

Most Peace Officers gotta have thicker skin than this...... :dribble:

Move along flatfoot!

Heheheheheh!!!!

WW

:ph34r:
You are wicked WW...

Damn John, I can't understand what the difficulty is in posting, but I am sure all would agree we don't want to lose you...particularly a motor officer. The group greatly benefits from the views of someone on the enforcement side of things. I hope you reconsider.

Email me personally and I will do what I can to help you with the posting of comments and pics. The picture thing was difficult for me to figure out as well, but I finally figured out how. I even followed the instructions carefully (I thought). What I was really doing was trying to read more into the instructions than was really there. It is quite straightforward once figured out.

email me at [email protected] for help.

Ed, Lancaster, SC