LED Lightning added to my bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pander

Reaction score
I own a 2010 FJR, silver in color with custom powder coated black rims. I have been wanting to add LED lighting to my bike and today I did. I added 2 Custom Dynamics Magic Flex, white in color above the headlights as "eyebrows" and 2 (1 on each side) yellow Magic Flex amber in the side vent area that can be opened to vent heat. Those LED's were wired in as running/turn signals and work great. I live in the Daytona Beach, Florida area so if any FJR owners are interested in knowing who did them, drop me a line. They were professionally installed by a Custom Dynamics distributor. I plan on added some more LED lights in the future. I will be posting pics as soon as I figure out how to.

OK. Thanks for sending the pics to my email. Here they are below:

This first picture appears to have been taken with a flash (note the brightness of the fork leg reflector)

DSCN1374.jpg

DSCN1375.jpg

DSCN1376.jpg

DSCN1382.jpg

Photobucket is your friend.

and just for those who care to sniff around the Custom Dynamics website, CLICKY HERE.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to say, I can't tell if i like it or not based on that super low resolution photo. Maybe try taking pic with a camera instead of a telephone?
uhoh.gif

sorry to say, I can't tell if i like it or not based on that super low resolution photo. Maybe try taking pic with a camera instead of a telephone?
uhoh.gif
The first picture showed the yellow and white LEDs good enough. Taking pictures of bright lights in the dark is tough, especially when taking them straight on -- here you stand in front of the barrel and take a picture of the muzzle flash ;) Even with a good camera it helps to take pictures out of the direct output line of light.

I would be interested in seeing a pic of the lights on in day light. The eye brow lights may be worth while. I see no benefit to the side cowling lights as I never ride at night. Be careful you do not make the bike look like something a Hardly (Harley) guy would do!! BLING

I would be interested in seeing a pic of the lights on in day light. The eye brow lights may be worth while. I see no benefit to the side cowling lights as I never ride at night. Be careful you do not make the bike look like something a Hardly (Harley) guy would do!! BLING
I like to think 99.99% of FJR riders ride in the dark, and I like the addition side lighting. How are these add ons so called "Hardly" like?

These lights are functional, not bling as you referred.

I like it.

People use all manner of devices to make themselves more conspicuous.
bike.gif

But even if he did it for the added "bling", this looks tastefully done and probably uses very little of the available juice.

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking about adding an LED to each of the red reflectors on the side cases. It would require a quick disconnect so the side cases could be removed without much difficulty. But I was thinking it would add a great side profile view at night.

Very nicely done. How about an unlit detail shot of how you have them set up. Im really digging the amber accents, and say go for it with the red light in the bags.