• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LEDRider LED Floods and Spots - FJR Forum discount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I's just like to chime in again about my LR4's and dimmers bought from Justin (aka LEDRider) last winter.

I love those things!!

I have them mounted up high using the Gen 1 light brackets made by WynPro Engineering (aka 08FJR4ME) and have been using them mostly as daytime conspicuity lights. For that purpose, with the dimmer set to around 30% bright along with the ow beams, I think they are working better than just running around with my halogen High Beams all of the time. And if I flip my high beams on just before making a pass on a 2-lane, there is much less chance that the cage or truck will not see me in their side rearview mirror while I go by.

I think the dimmed light, because it is Pulse Width Modulated, even though it is at a rate that is hard to "see", I think the brain is filling in between the bright flashes and doing some averaging because it sure seems to be much more attention getting that the brightness alone is responsible for.

I've not yet spent much time riding with them at night (I'm not much of a night-time rider) but based on the little I have I can say that they greatly improve the forward illumination, possibly on a par with an HID retrofit, but with none of the High Beam beam pattern issues the retrofit produces. Basically, if you are considering adding some aux lighting to your bike, these things are definitely the way to go, and at a very reasonable investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got around to a bit of a night ride last night and thumbed my LR4s + Hella HID's on high beam

SWEET MERCIFUL JEBUZ!

I finally got around to a bit of a night ride last night and thumbed my LR4s + Hella HID's on high beam
SWEET MERCIFUL JEBUZ!
I'd imagine that combo performs much like my setup. You do not want to get in a flashing contest with this :)

10172590_737272246316823_154082247_n.jpg

SWEET MERCIFUL JEBUZ!
I'd imagine that combo performs much like my setup. You do not want to get in a flashing contest with this
smile.png

10172590_737272246316823_154082247_n.jpg
Pretty much the same setup on this end.

Q: Have you reinforced the light brackets. Our roads up here are atrocious. Even with the lightweight (magnesium bodies) of the Hella's, I can see that eventually, the weight of the lights will fatigue and crack the metal on the brackets. I've been toying with welding in some diagonal braces on them.

As for the lights themselves, the LR4's fill in the middle ground of the Hella big time.

Next time I'm out for a night ride I'll try and snap some pics using the reflectors on the pylons as a yard stick. This'll give some measure to how far they actually reach.

Q: Have you reinforced the light brackets. Our roads up here are atrocious. Even with the lightweight (magnesium bodies) of the Hella's, I can see that eventually, the weight of the lights will fatigue and crack the metal on the brackets. I've been toying with welding in some diagonal braces on them.
No need on my brackets. I have a set of old BLM brackets which are steel, and very strong. Hardly any vibration.

Do you get a cut for the paid copy?
LOL No, I was just looking thru the proofs of my weekend dash and that shot seemed suitable for your thread.

Even with all that light beaming out in front of me, I had to call on my cat like reflexes for evasive maneuvers for a couple Jackasses that "didn't see me".

Do you get a cut for the paid copy?
LOL No, I was just looking thru the proofs of my weekend dash and that shot seemed suitable for your thread.

Even with all that light beaming out in front of me, I had to call on my cat like reflexes for evasive maneuvers for a couple Jackasses that "didn't see me".
It's a great shot, I might have to buy it :)

And yup, no matter how many lights you strap on your bike, there's still people out there that won't see you.

Just wanted to give a quick note.

Justin sold (and installed!) a set of LR4s for me last Friday... on his birthday no less!

Stand up guy!

The 4-5 hours it took to install were intentional as to give me a ride home in the dark.

Few things I learned on the 60 mile ride back.

1) These things are awesome.

2) The difference is night and day. Justin wired them to come on full power with the high beam and run dimmed with the regular lights (but can still be turned completely off if desired).

3) Cars in the left hand lane GTFO your way in a hurry with a quick burst flash from these puppies.

Highly recommended! Can't wait to use them this weekend! The Mrs. and I are heading out on a 1050 mile two day loop trip down through Taos and Durango.

Clovis

Just wanted to give a quick note.
Justin sold (and installed!) a set of LR4s for me last Friday... on his birthday no less!

Stand up guy!

The 4-5 hours it took to install were intentional as to give me a ride home in the dark.

Few things I learned on the 60 mile ride back.

1) These things are awesome.

2) The difference is night and day. Justin wired them to come on full power with the high beam and run dimmed with the regular lights (but can still be turned completely off if desired).

3) Cars in the left hand lane GTFO your way in a hurry with a quick burst flash from these puppies.

Highly recommended! Can't wait to use them this weekend! The Mrs. and I are heading out on a 1050 mile two day loop trip down through Taos and Durango.

Clovis
I'm thinking the "Alert" feature on a Skene Dimmer would be pretty useful for moving folk out of the left lane.

I'll let you know when I get the LR5s.

It's been a while since we've run a special on our super popular LR4's, and y'all know I love specials. So here's the "Because it's July" Special LR4 deal
smile.png

LR4's are reduced to $75 each: https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR4

That's $150 a set BEFORE you apply the FJR15 coupon! Limited time, stock is limited. We'll run this special until on hand stock runs out, and honor any orders at this pricing that come in before we pull the special from our next shipment. You will not find a better deal on quality LED lighting, backed by LEDRider's NO BS customer service.

Remember - when coupled with Wynpro's sleek brackets, these lights make a super clean looking addition to the FJR: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/155221-wynpro-anti-vibe-light-brackets/

Last edited by a moderator:
Which lights do you have installed and which is where?
He's got LR4's mounted high on the mirrors with Wynpro brackets - see my post above for links. On the forks he has a set of our LR10 Minis. We are out of stock on those at the moment as we're working on a new design. Same concept but will have swappable colored lens options, such as amber :)

Justin, I remember seeing you displaying some LED strip lights a while ago. Are they available? Thanks.
It was something I was looking into but didn't pursue it.

Which lights do you have installed and which is where?
He's got LR4's mounted high on the mirrors with Wynpro brackets - see my post above for links. On the forks he has a set of our LR10 Minis. We are out of stock on those at the moment as we're working on a new design. Same concept but will have swappable colored lens options, such as amber
smile.png
I am familiar with the LR4's but what are the LR10 Minis? Are they the similar to the Super-Mini's? I'm looking for something that I can mount on the side of the front fender that will not require a dimmer to run them at night but still provide wider and as long or longer light than high beams.

I am familiar with the LR4's but what are the LR10 Minis? Are they the similar to the Super-Mini's? I'm looking for something that I can mount on the side of the front fender that will not require a dimmer to run them at night but still provide wider and as long or longer light than high beams.
Yup, I meant the Super-Mini. We have an updated version coming in a few weeks, with different lens options. When you say run at night without a dimmer, do you mean on constantly, or just with your highbeams? At 1000 lumens, the minis are still too bright to run with approaching traffic.