Looking for a Place to Live in Brooklyn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
My daughter just graduated from James Madison U (VA) this past Saturday. She got into a great intern program in NYC. She will be teaching Elementary School Special Ed in Brooklyn. The challenge to the program is that she doesn't know what school she'll be teaching in. She goes next month for ~6 weeks of class to get her teaching certificate - in the meantime, she has to apply to the Brooklyn Elementary schools to get a job - she is assurred of a job, just not sure where.

The alligator closest to our boat is she needs a place to live and needs to find it before knowing where she'll teach. So, we're assuming that public transportation will let her live and teach in different areas. She has talked with a friend who said that Brooklyn Heights is a good (safe) place to live. She is going to share with 2 other young ladies and is looking for 3 bedroom places to rent.

For those who know, I'd appreciate thoughts on where to live in Brooklyn - as a loving father safety is my number # concern; where not to live, what are good school districts/schools (elementary) to teach in; and if you know any real estate folks who could help in our search I'd sure appreciate that!

This has come upon us pretty quickly, we're headed up there this Saturday to hopefully find and rent a place.

Thanks!

Jim and Lor

Bay Ridge or Brooklyn Heights would be great places to live. Both have access to public transportation that is also safe. If you know where she is going to teach, that helps. The best thing is to minimize transfers and methods using public transportation.