Looking for Fresno/Central Cal Area FJR Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biknflyfisher

Reaction score
Hey folks: I'm looking for riding partners who are interested in day trips and/or overnighters on occasion here in the Greater Fresno area. I'm located in Kingsburg and like to ride anywhere where there is something to be seen or where the roads are fun. As an example, Sunday I bagged 350 miles riding back roads to Angels Camp for lunch, then came south on Hiway 49 to Oakhurst, then wandered home.

My Dad has been my riding partner for these many years, but now at age 77 has been stricken with Lou Gerig's/ALS and cannot ride any longer.

I'm still a working stiff, but can sneak away from the office weekdays on occasion when the workload allows. Weekends here and there are available, but I do like to spend time fly fishing on Sierra rivers/creeks too so I have to split my "hall passes" between those two passions.

Let's see what we can do to get a group of local FJR riders together!

Biknflyfisher

I don't know how many active forum members are in your area but the Ruben Run (Pacific Northwest section) and Gathering of the Clans this fall will bring out the western riders. Good time to meet some of the western FJR riders and get in some riding at the same time!

I'm in Kernville - Not exactly the Fresno area, but it's a great place for you to ride to. Hit me up if you want some road suggestions around here. I have a motorcycle shop here and we're open every day but Wednesday, so if you get out this way please stop in and say hi!

Very cool! Some local guys/gals to skoot with,,,,

Wendy, I spin through Kernville at least once a year on the FJR. My route - 99 to 155, then up and over Greenhorn Summit to Wofford Hts. Then up to Kernville, up the canyon for the obligatory stop at the Johnsondale bridge to gaze at the Kern River wishing I had brought one of my fly rods along, then up to the Western Divide Highway and on to Ponderosa for lunch, Pepsi or just a butt break. Then down to Springville, and then the back way to Ivanhoe. From there I hit 65 to Exeter cutoff to 198 to 99 to Kingsburg.

And Cibrd0wn in Visalia, we're basically neighbors and I'll PM you next time I have a full tank of petrol and the itch to ride!

We could always head to Creston, pickup DCarver and head up the coast....

Biknflyfisher

You're 170 miles from me but we often head down to Murphys or Jamestown for lunch and a ride. Our favorites are Ebbetts Pass and Sonora Pass. Standard ride is to Murphys for coffee, up and over Ebbetts to Markleeville for lunch, then home on 89 & 88. Will be interested to see how I do on the FJR over Ebbetts since most of my trips over there were on the '07 K1200GT. Theresa is keeping hers but mine is going up for sale.

Murray

Very cool! Some local guys/gals to skoot with,,,, Wendy, I spin through Kernville at least once a year on the FJR. My route - 99 to 155, then up and over Greenhorn Summit to Wofford Hts. Then up to Kernville, up the canyon for the obligatory stop at the Johnsondale bridge to gaze at the Kern River wishing I had brought one of my fly rods along, then up to the Western Divide Highway and on to Ponderosa for lunch, Pepsi or just a butt break. Then down to Springville, and then the back way to Ivanhoe. From there I hit 65 to Exeter cutoff to 198 to 99 to Kingsburg. And Cibrd0wn in Visalia, we're basically neighbors and I'll PM you next time I have a full tank of petrol and the itch to ride! We could always head to Creston, pickup DCarver and head up the coast.... Biknflyfisher
Sounds good to me Sundays work best right now. I've met that Carver guy a few times and once you meet him you unfortunately you instantly just like the guy so you might want to stay away. Then again he does have some fun riding in his area. I had a great time on the Pozo Loop with him and Mrs Carver.

I am in Bakersfield. Try to ride in all directions every chance I get. Love the roads up around Kernville. But, i get to the coast often also.

i Live in Visalia also, so hit me up when you want to get out. Just moved to the area so always looking for good roads to go explore!