Lower links

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGH60

Reaction score
I have a 2009 with a few farkles but I am considering the lowering links. My inseam was I thought 29" but old bow legs make it more like 27"-28". I had the Spencer seat mod and I wear boots with thickest sole I could find (that are not Harley boots). I can get both balls of my feet on the ground but would like more. I almost droped it at a stop sign that was up-hill and side sloped. Had no choice but to put left foot down but it was also the way the road sloped. Bike leaned over about 4-5" further than normal. Took all my strength (am mild embarssement from cagers watching) to get uprigth enough to take off. Just would feel more secure if I had another 1".

I know some have used the lower links. Is it worth it? DO they actually lower it enough to make a difference? The dealer will do the work and of course lower the front to match. I don't carry a passanger but once or twice a year so I really doubt clearnece would be a problem.

BH60

Katy, Texas

I lowered my '08 FJR using Kouba Links, also added a Corbin seat. My inseam is about 29" and now I don't have any problems. I also shortened the side stand and center stand. With 1" off the center stand it is very easy to use, much easier than it was when everything was stock. Good Luck!

Inseam - 29". 7/8s Kouba Links, Corbin Seat, Slid Forks 1/2". Ground Side Stand. Ride Single and Two Up - Slab & Twisties. 100% better. :yahoo: No handling issues. :D YMMV. Also reverseable except for the Side Stand. ;)

You don't see too many comments on the Soupy's lowering links, but I swear by them.

If I need to raise the bike because my wife is with me I can do it in minutes and to any height I want.

Just a thought.

I also used the adjustable lowering links from Soupy's Performance to lower my '08 FJR. I slid the fork tubes up into the triple clamp .300" and adjusted the links to get the ride height I wanted. I don't know why more people don't use Soupy's links. They are well made and you can set the ride wherever you want without removing the links from the bike in a matter of minutes. The $82 price for a pair of links is very reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts