LS2 Advantage-X Carbon Fibre

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always been a SHARK Evoline(1-3) rider. A few years ago I had an opportunity to score a brand new LS2 Valiant 2 for $150. I got it and never looked back. Simply loved it (Better than the Sharks) The features were just what I wanted with only 1 change I would want… a bit lighter.
This year the LS2 came out with the Advantage-X available in a carbon fiber model. I took the plunge a spent the extra $$ on it. It arrived yesterday and it looks to be great. Only 4 color choices (All dark) which was not my perfect choice, but I ordered the yellow accented one.
It is bright in daylight, but reflection at night was a bit weak. I always add reflective stripping, and will do the same for this one.
Comparing it to my valiant 2:
Much lighter
Rain deflector on rear of helmet (I’m hoping reduces wicking down the back)
Vents have been changed, initially I’d say an improvement.85660D5A-9E03-4681-9052-4AE45767B569.jpeg

Had a valiant previously, very nice helmet. Looks like for 50 grams more(1.7 oz), the non carbon advantage-x comes in a ton of colors.

I was seriously thinking of purchasing one of these. Started reading reviews and there are alot of complaints about wind noise! Got any feedback on this issue?