MARSOC Motorcycle Gangs in Afghanistan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riding cycles off road at night in unfamilar territory...with night goggles...with weapons loaded up.

HOLY CRAP.

I'd like to see the video of the training washouts...
punk.gif

Fearing to be labeled un-American, I have to wonder out loud why some of those guys are sporting GoPros? Is there an operational benefit in recording possible enemy contacts, or are they for personal YouTube-ing? Perhaps they only carry them during training, but I do wonder where the recording of combat footage goes beyond what is necessary and crosses into another troubling area where its thrilling to record the possible death/injury of other human beings. I've seen several videos recorded in Iraq that really have crossed the line and seemed to me have no possible benefit of being made public.

Fearing to be labeled un-American, I have to wonder out loud why some of those guys are sporting GoPros? Is there an operational benefit in recording possible enemy contacts, or are they for personal YouTube-ing? Perhaps they only carry them during training, but I do wonder where the recording of combat footage goes beyond what is necessary and crosses into another troubling area where its thrilling to record the possible death/injury of other human beings. I've seen several videos recorded in Iraq that really have crossed the line and seemed to me have no possible benefit of being made public.
Well, I know you aren't un-american Russ.

My assumption would be recording for the sake of training, recon, and post mission reporting. Much like any cop car's dash cam.

It's so when they crash their buddies have something to laugh at during mission review time..

I would think for the case when they are accused of doing something untoward. This has been the case for some of our lads who were accused but thankfully the case has since been dropped.

Go the good guys, hope they all come home safe. Thanks for your service!

Best regards

Surly

Ex 1st Battalion Royal Australian Regiment(Infantry)

Latest posts