Maryland Recall Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikk

Reaction score
I live in Maryland and just received my wiring harness recall notice. I've used Cycle World in south Baltimore for prior recalls, but noticed today that they are not listed on Yamaha's Dealer/Service list.

Where are other Marylanders planning to take their bike?

I live in Maryland and just received my wiring harness recall notice. I've used Cycle World in south Baltimore for prior recalls, but noticed today that they are not listed on Yamaha's Dealer/Service list.

Where are other Marylanders planning to take their bike?
I have yet to find a Maryland dealer I would recommend for service. Places I've tried that haven't made the list: Ellicott City Motorsports, Heyser Cycle, Pete's Cycle, Cycle World. That's about all I am willing to say here lest I run afoul of the Forum rules about dealer bashing outside the dealer bashing section.

I too have no idea where to bring my bike for service either. I have visited Twigg in Hagerstown and they seem very friendly, helpful, and the shop is very nice. I think I will see if they can do the recall.

Mine is scheduled for this Wednesday the 20th at Fredericktowne Yamaha. They have done the other 2 recalls on my '07 and their service has been excellent. I pulled the spider and e mailed them pictures of it so they would know what was going to be required for the recall repair. If I weren't going to have it done there, I would take it to Twigg's; I've had nothing but good experiences with their service department.

I'm planning on Ellicott City Motorsports. I'm guessing your unpleasantness has been with the Service Writers? I know to only deal with Jessica at the counter now and I've not had a problem since.

There's Battley's in Rockville also. I love them, it's just not convenient for me to take her there.

I have an 08. This is the first recall I'm aware of - has there been others?

I'm planning on Ellicott City Motorsports. I'm guessing your unpleasantness has been with the Service Writers? I know to only deal with Jessica at the counter now and I've not had a problem since.
Jessica is great. She stands behind what she does 101%. Unfortunately, IMO, even if if Jessica is giving 150%, 7 days a week, she can't overcome the hamfisted stuff going on behind her counter. Caveat - all my experience ends after 2007, when I refused to go back. Things may have improved since then.

I saw one other post about Fredericton Yamaha. I've never been there, but I did meet the owner at the IMS in DC. He seemed like a hella nice guy. He invited me to come on up and test ride a Triumph Speed Triple they had on hand. I've never had ANY experience with their shop, but I got the impression the owner was square, and I'd draw the conclusion that his shop would be, too. YMMV. Good luck.

PS - I've had no complaints about Bob's BMW, ever (even though they only wrench BMWs).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take mine to Battley's in Montgomery Air Park. Ask for CJ Brown to work on your bike. I've known him since he was a kid and he is fully certified for any make or model. He's made the rounds to a few different places but he is now back at Battley's.

Hagerstown, Fredericktown, Gaithersburg all too far away, this sucks! Its like trying to cast a vote on election day; which guy sucks less?

In my area Heyeser is the only place with Yamaha's Gold standard service, meaning someone at some point in time went to yamaha school.

Thanks everyone for the recommendatations.