masondixon 20/20 rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
conrats go out to Ms Kitty( Nancy Oswald) ranking 3rd 2038 points, way to go Girl. How did FJR work for you? :yahoo:

conrats go out to Ms Kitty( Nancy Oswald) ranking 3rd 2038 points, way to go Girl. How did FJR work for you? :yahoo:
The truth is she rode her GS, but we won't hold that against her.

And the other truth is that she lost one big bonus at the scoring table -- there were two lighthouses at one location and her photo was of the wrong one. If that bonus had been accepted, she would have won. It was a great ride! Congrats Ms. Kitty!

Thanks Dave. And congrats to Ed as well. He's exceeding his own expectations of himself! Higher than the top of the bell curve! Way to go!

Yeah, I'm still bitter about that location... Mostly at myself. I should have taken both and/or should have called the RB to check. I guess I was confident I had the correct one by the description given as well as the GPS coordinates given. I really ought to know better.

Thanks Dave. And congrats to Ed as well. He's exceeding his own expectations of himself! Higher than the top of the bell curve! Way to go!
Yeah, I'm still bitter about that location... Mostly at myself. I should have taken both and/or should have called the RB to check. I guess I was confident I had the correct one by the description given as well as the GPS coordinates given. I really ought to know better.
And you had completely low expectations for this rally. Goes to show you Kitty, you are a hell of a rally rider. No prep, just show up and kick butt like you were born to do it. Congratulations my hero!

Yeah and now you know what a little brat I am. Not even happy with third place! There's just no pleasing some women!

Yes Great Ride Nancy !

Since you all mention it.

I had a total of 2290 points with 7 A suffix boni and a ton of B boni. My downfall at the scoring tabel was due to a combo boni that had a unacceptable recipt. This forced a 400 POINT deduction plus another 54 points on the falty boni.

Had I used a different A suffix boni for the combo there would have been only the 54point deduction a score of 2236.

Yes we live and learn. Despite the mistake I know it will make me a better rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. That's a hurt. I lucked out on that combo thing. The bonus I lost (also for a receipt) wasn't in an A-B combo.

I was disappointed my streak of top 10 finishes came to an end, but not overly so. I plotted too conservative a route to start with, so I have no reason to complain.

And I really, really enjoyed my ride. My favorite part was to the bonus I lost, through those Bear Mountain area roads on the way to Stony Point. It was just after my rest stop, the roads were almost empty, and I was having a ball.

Oh yeah! Bear Mountain is a GREAT area! I hit the Tarrytown location first because I haven't been down the Saw Mill Pkwy in a while and I love that road, especially early on a Sunday morning. Not so much on a Tuesday morning during rush hour...

Sorry for your big hit Peter! When I was in the process of losing my big bonus, Scott told me that you couldn't replace on in the combos. My face DROPPED. But I realized pretty quickly that it wasn't one I had in the combos so I was good on THAT front.

My route was too conservative too. If I had hussled, I'd have had at least 2 hours to spare, probably more like 3+. I really lolly gagged around on Sunday. I should have slept longer during my rest bonus, I was just afraid I might need the time.

Congratulations to all of you on running a great rally. You made the FJR family proud! While all of you were productively collecting bonus points, I was apparently aimlessly riding Northern Ontario collecting lots of worthless bugs. I want to thank Ed for nominating me as a solid future member of the "Top of the Bell Curve" rally team. Feels great to "belong". Cannot believe that I rode 1650 miles for a 28th place finish (only penalty was a missing envelope)..... what was I thinking?!!!! I may have been better off using a random number generator to pick my bonuses.

Peter......thanks for the Chiro advice. Saw my Chiropractor tonight and told her what you shared with me..... she went to work and things are much better!!! Thx.

Nancy..... great ride....I am still a little pissed that you noticed Dons licence plate prior to the checkpoint while I had my blinders on!

Ed..... what can I say..... your avatar and pic still creeps me out.

Perry

I had a total of 2290 points with 7 A suffix boni and a ton of B boni. My downfall at the scoring tabel was due to a combo boni that had a unacceptable recipt. This forced a 400 POINT deduction plus another 54 points on the falty boni.
Had I used a different A suffix boni for the combo there would have been only the 54point deduction a score of 2236.
Sounds like a great time, although I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.

If your "falty boni" lasts more than four hours seek medical help.

Congratulations to all of you on running a great rally. You made the FJR family proud! While all of you were productively collecting bonus points, I was apparently aimlessly riding Northern Ontario collecting lots of worthless bugs. I want to thank Ed for nominating me as a solid future member of the "Top of the Bell Curve" rally team. Feels great to "belong". Cannot believe that I rode 1650 miles for a 28th place finish (only penalty was a missing envelope)..... what was I thinking?!!!! I may have been better off using a random number generator to pick my bonuses.
Peter......thanks for the Chiro advice. Saw my Chiropractor tonight and told her what you shared with me..... she went to work and things are much better!!! Thx.

Nancy..... great ride....I am still a little pissed that you noticed Dons licence plate prior to the checkpoint while I had my blinders on!

Ed..... what can I say..... your avatar and pic still creeps me out.

Perry
Perry...... Glad I could help, all the best at the mm1k.

I attached the LIGHTHOUSE sticker to my licens plate and that worked for the wildcard

I attached the LIGHTHOUSE sticker to my licens plate and that worked for the wildcard
Brilliant! :clapping:

And Don Scelza made his own "homemade roadside memorial." Gotta love that kind of ingenuity.

The sad part about Don's story is that he had lots of time to do that on Sunday. His gps was stolen in Vermont while he was sleeping near the bike.