May 1 AZ FJR Forum Rides The Devil's Highway US 666!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Arizona FJR Forum: Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 1 to ride The Devil's Highway '666'! Go up via Safford, spend a night in Greer and back down 666 Sunday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizona FJR Forum: Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 1 to ride The Devil's Highway '666'! Go up via Safford, spend a night in Greer and back down 666 Sunday!
Hola Don,

I'm also leading Sport Tourers of Phoenix up 666 that same day. Starting at Goldfield Chevron at 7am, but we won't be spending the night, looping through Salt River Cnyn back to PHO the same day. Any interest in making this a joint (not the kind you smoke) ride??

OOOOHHHHH!!!! Makes me miss living in the Copper State! Have fun and watch out for brown bears, they like to hang out on blind 40 mph curves just north of Morenci.

Stay at Amberian Peaks Lodge? Melanie will be up for that!
Brian and Melanie, If the Amberian Peaks Lodge will let us do a 1-night only stay for Saturday night, that sounds really good to Papa Chuy!

Hola Don,

I'm also leading Sport Tourers of Phoenix up 666 that same day. Starting at Goldfield Chevron at 7am, but we won't be spending the night, looping through Salt River Cnyn back to PHO the same day. Any interest in making this a joint (not the kind you smoke) ride??
Since we'll be spending the night, we'll be leaving 2 hours later than you; from same depart spot. Perhaps we'll see you at Hannagan Meadow '666', Friend Good2Go!

OOOOHHHHH!!!! Makes me miss living in the Copper State! Have fun and watch out for brown bears, they like to hang out on blind 40 mph curves just north of Morenci.
Hola CAJW, you're right about brown bears on the blind 40 mph curves north of Morenci; that is why we always send SkooterG and FJRobert out ahead of the pack!

Hola Don,

Whats the sport tourers website? I'm always looking for people to ride with

beemerdons, any updates?
I wasn't able to make the meeting.

Gracias

V
Saludos V GER:

This is still a go, but we have not found an establishment that will let us book only Saturday night in Greer; all of the Greer lodgings want a two night minimum. So, we will ride up without room reservations and just take our chances for a hotel.

Departure is still at 9AM from Goldfield Chevron Station. More info: [email protected] or Cell phone #: 480-440-4666

Recuerdos, Papa Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"

beemerdons, any updates?
I wasn't able to make the meeting.

Gracias

V
Saludos V GER:

This is still a go, but we have not found an establishment that will let us book only Saturday night in Greer; all of the Greer lodgings want a two night minimum. So, we will ride up without room reservations and just take our chances for a hotel.

Departure is still at 9AM from Goldfield Chevron Station. More info: [email protected] or Cell phone #: 480-440-4666

Recuerdos, Papa Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"

Taking chances in Greer.... sounds interesting!

BD... check your email.....

:D
Pfffft ! Mi bastard step-pappy is currently cavorting in Mexico. Without me! Fucker.

Yo! Old one..........why the f*** are you leaving so late? Not all of us have the time and $$$ to make this a two day ride. I for one, will just make it a one day ride. Just like the last 3-4 times we've run it.

Guess I'll be riding without you. How will you ever cope?

Devil's Highway '666' Riders: As I suspected, this two night minimum rule of the Greer Logdings is affecting Arizona FJR Forum ability to secure rooms for May 1. I just spoke to Molly Butler Lodge General Manager Tracy Marasco and their rooms are now sold out to the Arizona FJR Forum. They do have cabins available at the Molly Butler Lodge, but these also have the two night minimum stay rule. If you want to attend this event, please call either the Neon Moon at 928-735-7900 or Tin Star at 928-735-7540 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Need to have absolutely definitive head count as to who is staying in Greer by Saturday NOON, April 24th.

I'll be calling Tracy at 1300 hours on 4/24/10 and setting up an Arizona FJR Forum Dinner at Molly Butler for 8PM sharp.

You may want to see if Tracy will put you on a wait list for Molly Butler, in case anybody cancels their trip.

More info on Devil's Highway/Greer Ride: Call Papa Chuy at 480-440-4666 or post to [email protected]

"Hi Don,

can we set up anything for you guys to eat at Molly Butler Lodge or have you made plans already elsewhere

----- Forwarded Message ----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Tue, April 13, 2010 2:03:31 PM

Subject: choices in Greer

Hi Don,

Here are the numbers and names of the other two places I had mentioned to you on the phone

Neon Moon: 928.735.7900

Tin Star 928.735.7540

Tracy Marasco

General Manager

Molly Butler Lodge

Mollys Cabin Keepers

North Pole Experience LLC

1-888-NPX-SANTA"

HEADS UP! If you are riding the Devil's Highway '666' next Saturday, May 1; you need to do two things: 1) Book your room at the Tin Star, they still have rooms available. 2) Contact Don Stanley - Beemerdons: Either here in this thread, at cellphone #480-440-4666 or at email at [email protected] At 1300 hours today I am calling Tracy at the Molly Butler Lodge to make dinner reservations for 8PM. If you do not contact me by 1300 hours, you will need to call Tracy later!

If the Molly Butler is full, go for the Tin Star for your rooms.
https://www.tinstarinn.com/tin_star_inn.html

See you there!

It is not to late to attend the Devil's Highway '666' Ride to Greer this Saturday, May 1. Just call The Tin Star at 928-735-7540 for a room reservation and email [email protected] for your dinner reservation at the Molly Butler Lodge at 7:30 pm. Ride up '666' on Saturday and ride back down '666' on Sunday!