Mike and Rob's 50 - 50 Twisty tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last minute camping in a full up park that Rob sweet talked his way into. He's my hero! Driving Daytona beach was highlight for me. No bug spray, damn!

Just too prove we do ride.

DSCN0023_zpsb3557e1e.jpg
DSCN0021_zps5062890d.jpg

We met a guy from Switzerland . Could he ever ride! He shipped his KTM over and rode it like he stole it. He's doing 3 months in the US. Swiss plates on the bike , Keep an eye out for him in the western states. He was able to drag the bags on this bike. Mike followed him like a bat out of heck.

DSCN0007_zps2c4021fe.jpg

Last minute camping in a full up park that Rob sweet talked his way into. He's my hero! Driving Daytona beach was highlight for me. No bug spray, damn!
Ya, he showed his skills with me sweet talking the toll booth operator to let us use the emergency lane crossing a grid locked Bluewater bridge.

That guys good.

So... Mike was soooo hung over today we just hung out around the pool and lounged on the veranda in downtown Key West. Tomorrow we hit the road northbound. We are booked in for a room in the French Quarter of New Orleans for Wed and Thurs night.

Yah right! Methinks its the pot calling the kettle black lol. A day out of the saddle is what the doctor ordered. Ready to rock!

After New Orleans spits us out we are heading to SFO!!! See you folks there.

Not sure what your route plans are, but as you near Mobile, a bit south of Mobile, in Fairhope, Alabama, is a restaurant called Guys Gumbo Shack. We saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives <clicky> and stopped in when we were in the area a couple of years ago. It's pretty damn good and worth a stop if you like that kind of food.

Also, right in Mobile Bay is the battleship USS Alabama museum. Again, if you have the time, and are into that sort of thing, it's worth a stop. If you do make the stop, be sure to check out the aircraft museum (if you're into that sort of thing). They have a submarine there as well. Break out your walking shoes - touring a battleship in full riding gear kinda sucks. DAMHIK.

Th

Not sure what your route plans are, but as you near Mobile, a bit south of Mobile, in Fairhope, Alabama, is a restaurant called Guys Gumbo Shack. We saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives <clicky> and stopped in when we were in the area a couple of years ago. It's pretty damn good and worth a stop if you like that kind of food.

Also, right in Mobile Bay is the battleship USS Alabama museum. Again, if you have the time, and are into that sort of thing, it's worth a stop. If you do make the stop, be sure to check out the aircraft museum (if you're into that sort of thing). They have a submarine there as well. Break out your walking shoes - touring a battleship in full riding gear kinda sucks. DAMHIK.
Thanks Andy. We kind of screamed into New Orleans. Rain was chasing us. I did see the battle ship as we crossed the bridge.

Last night in the French Quarter.

securedownload_zps1f0c2d60.jpg

Th
Thanks Andy. We kind of screamed into New Orleans. Rain was chasing us. I did see the battle ship as we crossed the bridge.

Last night in the French Quarter.

securedownload_zps1f0c2d60.jpg
Caption: Where are the titties??