Mirror extenders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sreed94103

Reaction score
I know there have lots of discussions on mirrors but need some help on removing the plastic to get to the mirrors. Can someone give me the steps to remove what is necessary to get to the mirror mounts?

Thanks

I know there have lots of discussions on mirrors but need some help on removing the plastic to get to the mirrors. Can someone give me the steps to remove what is necessary to get to the mirror mounts?

Thanks
Remove the black panels at the top of the fairings. The piccies around here are some I took when removing fairings from my '06 (don't know whether yours is a Gen I or Gen II).

Click on image for larger view, follow the "Next" links for subsequent procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hey,

When I installed my mirror extenders I kept the knobs on the light adjusters and carefully rotated the plastics to get to the bolts. Just take your time to prevent damage. IMO the extenders are great, nice to see more than your elbows when you look in the mirrors.

Rob

Hey Hey,

When I installed my mirror extenders I kept the knobs on the light adjusters and carefully rotated the plastics to get to the bolts. Just take your time to prevent damage. IMO the extenders are great, nice to see more than your elbows when you look in the mirrors.

Rob
What he said.

Hey Hey,

Rob
What he said.
Thanks for the help, and all the pics. Invaluable.

Thanks
Remove the black panels at the top of the fairings. The piccies around here are some I took when removing fairings from my '06 (don't know whether yours is a Gen I or Gen II).

Click on image for larger view, follow the "Next" links for subsequent procedure.

I hope you keep these pictures accessable. Just had a look through all of them and bookmarked for future reference. Excellent!

Hey Hey,

When I installed my mirror extenders I kept the knobs on the light adjusters and carefully rotated the plastics to get to the bolts. Just take your time to prevent damage.
Ditto, except it's real easy to just disconnect the cable off the back of the adjuster and move the whole panel out of the way to the workbench. The cable is just a speedometer cable that's attached to the adjuster with that knurled nut - just unscrew it and pull the cable off. I've never removed the knobs off my adjusters.

yes they do fit....
R
Do they fit without modifications? Got pics?
smile.png

I mounted the SW Motech mirror wideners on my Gen III today. (They are listed fitting Gen II).

They served 2 benefits, I no longer see my elbows in the mirrors, and a great unexpected benefit is that the mirrors now sit higher and more inline with my line of vision. Very pleased, and a super easy install.