MN/WI Saturday Sept 3rd Letter Road Riding Anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a fun route, enjoy! If I wasn't locked into the state fair that day, I might have joined you guys.

Looks like a fun route, enjoy! If I wasn't locked into the state fair that day, I might have joined you guys.
You could always stop by the fair on your way back
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride John! Thanks for putting it together and showing me some new roads!

Great idea John and yes, thanks for putting together a great route.

This was the "breakfast" restaurant stop. By the look of the oil stains on the blacktop. they do a a lot of business with the pirate crowd.

LetterRoadRide-1_zpslhi1khfy.jpg

Wisconsin is full of wonderful little towns...some of them nearing the end of their lifespan...

DSCN06701_zpsavrdlaf7.jpg

But the Wisconsonites are an industrious bunch and when life gives you lemons...paint them with The Motor Company logo...

DSCN06651_zpsjeuwlvtf.jpg

And it's good to have an observant rider with mechanical skills along...

DSCN06721_zpspvjmjsmr.jpg

When someone shows up to ride on a set of tires like this...

DSCN06711_zpsvkerlwlj.jpg

DSCN06731_zps0ndxgiey.jpg

Hopefully they made it back to Tripper's place..I expect a wrenching report here at some time...

Those tires still had 1000 hard riding miles left to them. The exposed cords help with cold weather traction. In my extreme attempt to be frugal, I neglected the tires a little too much.

We made it home. MANY MANY thanks tripper Mike for the used tires and the effort to swap them. I will be mounting a set of Road Pilot 4 GTs here soon.

Thanks for putting the ride together John. Always fun to go riding SW Cheeseland with guys from around here.

And yes, the tires held up fine until we got to my place. A little scounging around in my tire pile and we came up with two tires that should hold him for a few K miles. Naturally me being the older gentleman, with a huge bulbous a$$ (thanks a bunch for that pic John), I made the young buck do most of the grunt work.
smile.png
I simply explained to him that until he is able to snatch the pepple from my hand, the yung grasshoppa must seek higher feejer yen enlightenment through wrenching on his own bike.

And for the record, until I upgrade my seat to Laam or RTL, I stuff a memory pillow in my 'stich.
rolleyes.gif

Jack and I pulled off for gas at Buffalo City. We ran the little FJ-09 down as far as we dared...we put 4.45 gallons into a 4.6 gallon tank...not quite fumes but we were close. From Buffalo City to home I let young Jack explore the capabilities of the FJR...he seems to think that those of us on the larger platform are spoiled relative to the FJ-09...I told him when he wears the little FJ out he has something to aspire too...