More powder-coating happiness....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
So my 2008 K8 has the dark and sinister paint theme - very Warchild-like B) - but the foot-peg and muffler hanger brackets are just too damn bright for me:

sideshot.jpg

So, once again..... it's POWDER-COATING time!!! :lol:

Now, I can't get my silly-ass camera to do justice to how well this powder-coating job came out.... the flash makes the hardware look too bright. But the fact is, the results are an almost exact much to the frame... very nice! The powder-coating finish is basically a cross between semi-gloss and black matte.... very, very, VERY close to matching the frame!

Muffler hangar brackets:

HangarBrackets.jpg

Pillion footpegs..... very nice! B)

PillionPegs.jpg

Left muffler hangar bracket installed....

LeftHangerInstalled.jpg

The right muffler hangar below is the best photo showing the exact match to the frame color.... awesome!
cool.gif

RightHangerInstalled.jpg

Foot-brake lever and the 3 big-ass socket-head bolts (that retain the foot-peg bracket itself) also got the powdercoating treatment:

BrakeLever.jpg

Pillion foot-peg installed.... very sweet! B)

RightPillionPeg.jpg

Still have the shift linkage to shoot tomorrow, than I can start putting the bodywork back on this bad boy, and finally get back on the road!

What'cha think, fellas.... pretty cool, huh?
cool.gif

but what about the gay-ass chrome on the muffler? :unsure:

If'n you're going stealth, gotta go all the the way black... :rolleyessmileyanim:

As I've mentioned several times, the stock exhaust is not staying.

When cashflow allows for it (which won't be for a number of months), it'll be replaced.... I'm looking at this Devil system at the moment:

blackgraycfpipes.jpg

Now all you gotta do is remove the Sushi stickers. Otherwise, the look of the bike is becoming somewhat more palatable to my aesthetic sensibilities. ;)

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

(Said the owner of a damn sexy WeeStrom)

Are those marital aids you are using for driver's foot pegs? Very cleaver! Those Harley guys have nothing on us when it cums to pleasing our women!

WarChild,

Awesome! However; me thinks some gay-ass chrome would allow you to see it in dark lighting conditions; ya wouldn't want to knock it over in the garage because you farkled it into full stealth mode and couldn't see it? :rolleyes:

Farkle away! It is probably the best looking Busa I have seen, and I don't care much for Busa's, but you are changing my mind with this one!

Jay

Dale... the Busa is getting kick ass. The Devil cans will definitely be a big upgrade. Yes... I'm jealous.

I'm thinkin' there be one of these in your future:
sr-71_1.jpg

In my future? :blink:

I've had one of these for eight years now...... see?

06Utah100RideDown.jpg

bugdeath.jpg

Returned to 100% stock condition prior to taking it down for consignment... a sad day, indeed... :( :( :(

2000FinalRide.jpg

The replacement Blackbird.... a 2002 model:

PreGiviCell_3-4view.jpg

Ready for BBGHW......

Downrange2.jpg

head-on.jpg

As I've mentioned several times, the stock exhaust is not staying.
When cashflow allows for it (which won't be for a number of months), it'll be replaced.... I'm looking at this Devil system at the moment:

blackgraycfpipes.jpg

Have devils on my FJR and it s sound GREAT !!!

You now have my dream bike, gorgeous, congrats !!!!

This is going to be very hard for me but here goes...... It looks very nnnnnice. There, I said it! I feel better now.