More Road Debris

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumperbike

Reaction score
So I'm commuting home on the freeway in the fast lane with a beater car on my right; like an old Corisica or so. I catch violent, unexpected movement on the periphery and it's his hood folding back followed by something big and black flying away! Caught the look on his face as he was ducking. PRICELESS! I saw the hood was still attached to the car as he made it to the side and I saw no carnage; I am glad I was not behind him.

So I'm commuting home on the freeway in the fast lane with a beater car on my right; like an old Corisica or so. I catch violent, unexpected movement on the periphery and it's his hood folding back followed by something big and black flying away! Caught the look on his face as he was ducking. PRICELESS! I saw the hood was still attached to the car as he made it to the side and I saw no carnage; I am glad I was not behind him.
back in the 70s my dad drove a buick electra 225.

70 mph on I-70 near columbia mo at night his hood latch let go---lights out!!!

Luckily he got it stopped and off the road w/o any collisions.

I had the aluminum siding of a semi-trailer peel off in front of me, one time in Iowa, about 11:30 at night, between thunderstorms. I thought I was dead. I was lucky. It fell flat on the road, in front of me, as it sailed along. I went right over it. It was back twisting in the air, after I passed, as it continued travelling along.

I couldn't see the look on the truck driver's face.

No one could see the look on my face, but it probably would have been memorable.

Sounds about as fun as the drivers windshield wiper falling off while driving in a downpour. :huh:

Thank god it was Bust behind the wheel instead of me. :)

Some years ago, Brother in Law's Dad rented a motorhome for his gone fishing vacation, when he hit the exit for his first fuel stop, his bass boat continued straight down the interstate, still attached to the motorhomes bumper.

I had the aluminum siding of a semi-trailer peel off in front of me, one time in Iowa, about 11:30 at night, between thunderstorms. I thought I was dead. I was lucky. It fell flat on the road, in front of me, as it sailed along. I went right over it. It was back twisting in the air, after I passed, as it continued travelling along.
I couldn't see the look on the truck driver's face.

No one could see the look on my face, but it probably would have been memorable.
You did that on a bike?!

I had the hood thing happen in an old 59 ford pickup towing a beater horse trailer with a shetland pony in it. I managed to pull over by sticking my head out the window, wrenched it down and jumped on it to latch and made it home in one piece.

I had the same thing happen when I was 16 driving my Ford Pinto. Damn sure glad no one was behind me!!!

I had the same thing happen when I was 16 driving my Ford Pinto. Damn sure glad no one was behind me!!!
WOW! and I thought the only thing those old Pinto's did was ignite!

Some years ago, Brother in Law's Dad rented a motorhome for his gone fishing vacation, when he hit the exit for his first fuel stop, his bass boat continued straight down the interstate, still attached to the motorhomes bumper.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...had a hood fly off a late 70s Camaro on the back of a flatbed tow truck directly in front on to the right of me. I was in the #2 lane on the freeway at the time. The hood hit me straight on, as I was in the middle lane and had nowhere to go. Lucky for me that day, I was in the cage, and it bounced JUST right off my hood.