Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides - March in 2015!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably in for this trip since I want to get GoPro video of the vultures pecking at BeemerDons' carcass at the water crossing. I'll bring the little WR450 since it bounces over the rocks better than the FJR. Sometimes bigger is not better.

PS - a quick shoutout to Chris & Russ. Good to hear that you may make the trip and I need a couple of guys to hang with while we wait for that slowpoke BeemerDons. I wonder if Paolo still rides dual-sport wearing sneakers.

If I remember correctly it was that goober, Q-Tip that was pitching rocks at everybody off his rear knobby.

DSC_0017-L.jpg

This was taken just before the rear sprocket fell off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably in for this trip since I want to get GoPro video of the vultures pecking at BeemerDons' carcass at the water crossing. I'll bring the little WR450 since it bounces over the rocks better than the FJR. Sometimes bigger is not better.PS - a quick shoutout to Chris & Russ. Good to hear that you may make the trip and I need a couple of guys to hang with while we wait for that slowpoke BeemerDons. I wonder if Paolo still rides dual-sport wearing sneakers.

If I remember correctly it was that goober, Q-Tip that was pitching rocks at everybody off his rear knobby.

DSC_0017-L.jpg

This was taken just before the rear sprocket fell off.
I sure hope that Q-Tip makes this trip, that goober Q-Tip really makes me laugh so damn hard. For those of you that don't know: Scott fjrrrider of Texarkana, Texas is Q-Tip. After a day of riding Scott would change into his street clothes, which were white sneakers, white socks, white shorts, white T-shirt and his hair is white plus he stands 6'-4" tall. In the first Mexican village we were in, the local kids started calling him Q-Tip. So naturally after that, he became Q-Tip for the rest of the ride!

Don, looking forward to hearing more about this trip!!
Chris, as soon as Skip Mascorro, Brian Boles and Papa Chuy develop more info about this trip we will immediately post it up here. Still 16 months away, but as the logistical planning firms up we will keep everyone informed. Just plan on taking two weeks off from work in April of 2015, the ride is only 10-12 days but you will need to get to McAllen, Texas from Atlanta and BB and I will need to get there from Phoenix, Arizona. Naturally, yamafitter has the longest trek coming from Canuckistan.

I posted this over to www.azbeemers.org/forum and I want to remind everyone here, this Real de Catorce y Huasteca Potosina Adventure is going to be limited to only 10 riders. Just too much of a logistical nightmare to safely herd more than 10 off roaders on Mexican dirt. jes' sayin' and nuff said!

We've already had our first 4 Participants sign up for this Mexico Expedition, all from www.fjrforum.com Remember: This group tops out at ten riders!

Naturally our first signup was a Canuckistani, Bill F. from Bowmanville, Ontario riding a Yamaha WR450F:
1102548012_N6mVw-L.jpg

Chris from Atlanta, Georgia rides the big V-Twin KTM Adventure:
1104575506_CsgMV-L.jpg

Russ from Alma, Arkansas rides a Kawasaki KLR 650:
1099838619_Wm5Ww-L.jpg

BeemerDonS from Chandler, AZ will be riding a Yamaha WR450F for the Real de Catorce y Huasteca Potosina Adventure:
1104576295_qd4xp-L.jpg

Hi Bill, How's life been treating you? Good to see the WR still running good?
Chris Old Buddy yamafitter has been on a month long drunk now with another two months in sight, it may be a while until he gets back to you ese!

Seriously considering... do we contact you Don, or call the tour guys directly?

Griff
Griff, you are IN! All monies will be paid directly to MotoDiscovery, Owner Skip Mascorro will set a date when the $500 deposit check must arrive by!

This is going to be amazing if we wind up with more Canuck Hosers than Gringos on this Expedition. 40 Creek Whisky and Molson for everybody eh!

Headed back to Mexico in March with nuestros buenos amigos John and Lynn from RidetheSierra.com. Can't wait. Most fun I've ever had on two wheels was in Mexico... truly a motorcyclist's dream. This looks like an AWESOME trip.

I'll be honing the off-road skills on the KLR... as soon as the #$%$#%^& snow recedes a bit!

Might need to drop the bike somewhere down south in the fall - can never tell how soon things melt up here to get a bike south in the spring.

Griff

Don,
Count me in! Baja was great! and this should be even better!!
Glad to see you on board Back Road Bob, been riding motorcycles to Mexico with Señor Roberto for many years now! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Here is a soaked BRB at the top of La Rumorosa Grade between Mexicali and Tecate in Baja California Norte last January on the way to Cabo!

IMG_0013.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo was just thinking of a Mexico Riding La Guerrera (Warrior) who should be making this Trek! MEM-Maria Elena you need a dirt bike!

fotoflexer_photo-5.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo was just thinking of a Mexico Riding La Guerrera (Warrior) who should be making this Trek! MEM-Maria Elena you need a dirt bike!
She can't touch the ground on a FJR, how is she ever going to touch the ground on a dirt bike??

She can't touch the ground on a FJR, how is she ever going to touch the ground on a dirt bike??
Dios Mio, yamafitter! Well that is the same exact situation with HotRodZilla Guillermo, that hasn't stopped AJ has it ese?!?! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Well, apparently, around here if a person cannot "flat-foot" the bike with both feet, we have to let all the air out of the tires to lower the bike and remove the scariness.

Every dirt bike I've ever touched has been tip toes only. Haha...

Nice Ride Report Video on the section of Mexico we will be riding from McAllen to Real de Catorce, the Narrator is a Brit so we may need Fairlaner or Roger to translate the English!

How you been? How's that ST treating you? By the way, I would never do such a thing as kicking up any baseball size rocks at you.....
innocent.gif

You thinking about going on this trip?

Thinking? Yes. Too far ahead right now to commit. It looks like spring of '15 I may be visiting China if I can't talk my way out of it.

The S10 is a fun bike. Love the traction control.

My pos KLR is still my favorite go anywhere do anything bike tho. I guess it's kinda like an old leather jacket.

It just fits me...