Motion Pro SyncPro problems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
I recently bought a Syncpro and have tried to use it 3 times now and everytime i use it it tries to suck all the fluid out of the top......WTF

I just spoke with there tech guy and he told me that it needs more fluid to cut down on the air gap....

anyone use one of these on a regular basis?

R

As this style use's water I would think you might want it about 1/2 full Richard.. I know my water mono that I use in the HVAC field will draw the water out when I check vacuum in my vehicles.. Also You do have the line restriction dealy do's in?

i do but the tech guy said it would not make that much difference....gonna go to cycle gear when they open and see wha they have.

FYI the garage is open again. and guys if you come into Ustream to view use the chat feature to let me know who is there.

R

The tech guy is High.. They make a pretty significant difference. ;)

But seeing as how you have them in there, about the only thing left would be water level.

ok, he is sending me a refill kit so i will see when that arrives....I the mean time i will go and buy one for tomorrow...

R

R - I have heard of these issues with MotionPro, that's why got a Carbtune. You definitely need the inline restrictors, but I've heard of others still having problems with sucking out the fluid and stability.

I can bring my Carbtune Saturday if you'd like. PM me or call. :unsure:

FYI i do have a poison one but yesterday the started pulling the Mercury out the tubes also., i think that was caused by the tubes not being all the way into the reservoir........

I need a Snap On one......

R

Yep, have one... been there, done that, and yes, restrictors are in place.

In my case, fluid was rising to the top of the gauge causing the reservoirs to go dry. I believe in my case this is caused by Denver's lower atmospheric pressure. I also called Motion Pro and they sent a refill kit. I added more fluid to the reservoir then instructions called for. My theory is this provides two benefits; one, more fluid means less chance of reservoir going dry and getting bubbles. And two, reducing air volume in reservoir between adjustment screw and fluid is going to require less movement of liquid before the guage equalizes, i.e. less rise in tube. It seems to have worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys guys guys! The mysterious fluid isn't anything more that purified water and coloring..

I spent years buying into the crap reps said.. Oneday I accidentally dumped my manometer, Shit..

I filled it with water an a few drops of food coloring and wala! Maybe an 1/8 inch difference in the water column when checked against a tube with fluid.

Not enough to bother with when checking gas flow etc.. When checking TB synch? The balance is far more important.

HVAC guys?

Latest posts