Motoboss Evaporative Cooling Vests

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slo-ride

slo-ride
Reaction score
Should these vest be snug or lose fitting? I would think snug is the way to go but the standard XL size, that are the sizes of all my shirts, is very large and the vest does not make good contact with my body. Anyone out there using one? If so, what is the correct fit?

I have one that fits fine, not snug mind you. I bought it as the same shirt size I ware. I'm not sure how well snug will work Vs just fitting. You don't want it like a giant coat obviously.

I have one that fits fine, not snug mind you. I bought it as the same shirt size I ware. I'm not sure how well snug will work Vs just fitting. You don't want it like a giant coat obviously.
That's kind of what I thought. I think one size down would be good for me. Do you wear yours under a mesh jacket or just out in the wind?

I currenty exclusively use a Colorado Cooling Vest. I purchased a Large even though I wear XL T-shirts.

I like the close fit of the large vest as opposed to liking the loose fit of shirts.

I wear the vest under a Tourmaster Mesh Jacket.

That's kind of what I thought. I think one size down would be good for me. Do you wear yours under a mesh jacket or just out in the wind?
Under my mesh jacket. I've also used my old one under leathers, it worked either way but best with the mesh, better and more airflow. I'm not sure how efficient it would be just in the open. The jackets kind of channel the air. I mean it'd still work but I would suspect it would dry out much faster. Once dry, it's your sweat that will be cooling you, and in extreme heat you may not even get a chance to sweat.
IMO the cool vest works best in moderate heat. In heat over 100º it starts to diminish. It's far better than nothing that's for sure. Hydration is another important part of the game. I notice with the well ventilated mesh jackets, in hot weather, I lose hydration much more rapidly than in something not as well ventilated.

For the $35 it costs, it's well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: