MotoFizz camping seat bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staledonut

Reaction score
I've been eyin' the MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag as replacement to my trusty but awkward duffel bag to hold my camping gear and other sh....stuff on longer trips.

The pics on the site and in the review do not show the underside of the bag which I wanna to see to get a better idea for how it will mount to my 05 with a Givi rack.

Anyone have experience with one of these on their FJR they can share? Likes, dislikes?

I'm leaning toward the large one but I have not ruled out the medium to encourage efficiency so as to keep more sport in the equation (as long as it can hold the 12Qt cast-iron dutch oven, chainsaw, and generator I always travel with. :lol: ).

Haven't seen one in person so take this for what it's worth but Motorcycle Consumer News (which I tend to trust for its no advertising policy), really liked it in a recent review of general carry bags. I'm giving some serious thought to the Medium size.

Tom Hanaway

I've been eyin' the MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag as replacement to my trusty but awkward duffel bag to hold my camping gear and other sh....stuff on longer trips.The pics on the site and in the review do not show the underside of the bag which I wanna to see to get a better idea for how it will mount to my 05 with a Givi rack.

Anyone have experience with one of these on their FJR they can share? Likes, dislikes?

I'm leaning toward the large one but I have not ruled out the medium to encourage efficiency so as to keep more sport in the equation (as long as it can hold the 12Qt cast-iron dutch oven, chainsaw, and generator I always travel with. :lol: ).

Haven't seen one in person so take this for what it's worth but Motorcycle Consumer News (which I tend to trust for its no advertising policy), really liked it in a recent review of general carry bags. I'm giving some serious thought to the Medium size.Tom Hanaway

I've been eyin' the MotoFizz Camping Seat Bag as replacement to my trusty but awkward duffel bag to hold my camping gear and other sh....stuff on longer trips.

The pics on the site and in the review do not show the underside of the bag which I wanna to see to get a better idea for how it will mount to my 05 with a Givi rack.

I wanted one too, they are nice. The medium blue (which matches and seems about the right size) but good luck. Seems like the stitch folks get like 6 in at at time :/ I wanted one for my Vermont trip and only had T-2 weeks to get it. No dice.

I ended up with a seal-line drybag, and considering the rain we rode through, I'm glad I had that.

If you want one place a back order and wait. :/

I have the large MotoFizz and like it a lot. I have mine mounted on the pillion seat. I used Bungy Buddies on the side bags and use caribeaners (sp?) to clip the bag to the Bungy Buddies. The large is a bit too big for me to use on my Garard rack as I have a CB antenna mounted on the side of the rack.

I have the large and the small. I use the latter for weekend trips and the former for long stuff. THEY ARE AWESOME. Well made, a zillion pockets. Can't imagine a better pillion or tail bag. The large is HUGE.

Staledonut,

I've got the medium. I just returned from WFO5, where among other things, I ran the SS1k. During the SS1k, I stuffed a cooler inside of it with ice and water. Very handy!

I use the MFizz for my daily commute - it handles my briefcase with laptop, etc. The expanding feature is nice, let's you adjust the bag for the load.

I keep it strapped onto the pillion seat - and it makes a wonderful backrest! The bottom of the MF bag is lined with a soft fabric designed to protect the surface it's on.

BTW, if you buy it from Rider Warehouse, don't get the optional rain cover - it comes with one !!

We ride two up a lot and have the large Fizz, works great on really long trips, lot more room than the Givi's etc. It's been speed tested, rain tested, twistie tested and the like. No problems at all. I use two ratchet straps around the bag and attached to the stock rack. The large is no wider than the bike with the bags mounted. I wouldn't use the stock straps that came with it, with the ratchet straps on, it's not moving anywhere.

I know your local ....somewhere in the area. If you want to see it in person... drop me a PM.

Thanks for the fine feedback everyone! I ordered the large and some other goodies last evening from the Aerostich folks. I'm now confident it will be properly mountable to the bike one way or another. I opted out on ordering the rain cover since I now know for a fact that it comes with one (I hope I don't hafta use it. I'm so scared of the rain - I might get my pussy wet. :eek: )

I received shipment confirmation earlier today for a 10.8lb package so I assume the bag was in stock as the other goodies, tire plug kit and helmet speakers, can't weigh that much.

I hope to actually get a chance to USE the bag later this month for a two week trip to Oregon and Washington, assuming we ship this $%! release by then and I gain my freedom (life in the software industry).

+1 also on the feedback. Still debating the seal-tite or this bag. More features, but $100 extra. I know, it only money!