Motorcycle Personality Test

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski

Reaction score
clicky for MPT

You just gotta try this out, only downside is that they ask you for valid e-mail address, so give them your spam-box.

I stumbled upon it looking for links to the Sunday meet-up in Ephrata PA. (Different post later today) There were a bunch of H-D's whining about getting recommendations to buy FJR's, and one who got a reply that he/she shouldn't be riding at all.

I was disappointed because it didn't say I should be riding an FJR, or even a Kawi Z1000 (my next flame, I just love the looks of that bike, nicely proportioned, and the paint is so cool, and yes, it's powder blue). Here is what it said for me, and when my wife read it, she agreed, especially the part about having a garage (back porch, actually) full of old bikes that need work...I'm just not sure I would like that big MG V-twin, it looks so wide...

Recommended Bike: Moto Guzzi V11 You've ridden 'em all. You love riding, and you're at the peak of your game. You develop irrational love for unusual motorcycles, and the latest acquisition is a sweet Moto Guzzi. You are the most likely among the personality types to own a garage full of esoteric old bikes awaiting restoration. My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender: You scored 0 moxie, 10 zeal, and -5 pomp!

mt1108813110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy now I know the FJR is for me!

My Results:

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 0 moxie, 7 zeal, and 1 pomp!

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

Pretty good test results!

I came up with the FJR also. :yahoo: The test isn't concerned with the fact that I can just barely touch pavement with the tips of my toes on one; no matter, I'm not the driver.

I must be spending too much time talking to Smitty... because here is what my test showed:

Yamaha YZF R1

You scored 7 moxie, 6 zeal, and 5 pomp!

You're addicted to speed, but have the knowledge and experience to match. Although you like to win, you don't really care so much about competing with others as much as competing with yourself.

Your bike is the Yamaha YZF R1. Given how easily the rear wheel on this beast spins up coming out of turns, it is fortunate that you constantly work to improve your skills. (I've seen more R1s crash at track days than any other bike.)

It was a close decision with the Suzuki GSXR1000, but your personality seemed a bit more R1-ish. (But hey, I could be wrong. Its only a silly test.)

No, them clowns gave me something with a motor in it and a six pack of cheap beer(my fave by the way). Plus I had to get my own wheels for it.

hmmm....maybe i need to rethink things:

[SIZE=18pt]Ducati Monster[/SIZE]

You scored 3 moxie, 4 zeal, and 6 pomp! You're a bit of a snob, but otherwise well-adjusted. Your bike is the Ducati Monster. Sexy. Powerful. Agile. Italian style in a badass matte black.

Of all the test takers, you are most likely to have been hoping for your result to indicate that your bike is a Harley. It isn't. Sorry. You show the potential to become a superior rider, and you need a bike that encourages and rewards your learning. The Harley will just hold you back, and you'll have nagging feelings that something is wrong.

The Suzuki SV series is also a good bet, but it wouldn't appeal to you. Far too Common.

The last question on the test asked if I wanted the result to be a Harley, so I of course, said no. So why does my description say I wanted one? duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 5 moxie, 12 zeal, and -2 pomp!

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 63% on moxie

You scored higher than 98% on zeal

You scored higher than 8% on pomp

One question though... What the hell is "pomp"

Does that mean Harley :lol:

OH, FJRchick, Your just in denial. :p go over to odots and get the HD in the kitchen while he's sluggin another beer in the tub! :eek:

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 3 moxie, 7 zeal, and 1 pomp!

You have the characteristics of a master street rider. On the way to work, your love for riding sometimes leads you to take the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. You live for the perfect road, and plan vacations around riding. You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 99% on moxie :clapping:

You scored higher than 99% on zeal :clapping:

You scored higher than 99% on pomp :clapping:

Wait a sec, higher than 99% of what? Had 2 less moxie but scored 36% higher, 5 less zeal but 1% higher, than FJRFencer. And how come with the different scores the narrative is the same? :huh:

"Pomp"? Maybe "Pomposity"? Would fit many HD riders around these parts :p

Not gonna pick on fjrchik, not healthy to pick on any woman, no matter whether you know them or not :helmetsmiley:

easy test to bulls**t your way through! Always loved those!

in one go 'round I wound up with "You are a squid.

Your bike is a 600cc Japanese Sportbike. Take your pick,

it really doesn't matter, since you're going to wad it." :blink:

on another one, I wound up with a 883 Sportster (Yikes!) <_<

Let's see, now since taking the MSF in '98:

Suzuki Marauder (my 883 Sportster!)

Triumph Thunderbird

Kawasaki Concours

Triumph Trophy 900

Triumph Trophy 1200

FJR1300...

I think I'll stick with what I've got! :D

I'm really wantin' a schwinn right now. The red and white one. And a basket on the front for my 12 pack of col' beer.