Motorcycle worse for the environment then cars?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real threat is Dihydrogen monoxide:
Is this group *really* that dumb that:

a) they haven't seen this (really old) joke a million times before

B) the 1st time was in high school

c) high school was in the 1950's

d) don't know that "Dihydrogen monoxide" is "H 2 O" often called "water"...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The real threat is Dihydrogen monoxide:
Is this group *really* that dumb that:

a) they haven't seen this (really old) joke a million times before

B) the 1st time was in high school

c) high school was in the 1950's

d) don't know that "Dihydrogen monoxide" is "H 2 O" [SIZE=18pt]oftwn[/SIZE] called "water"...

:)
Calling us dumb...Spell checker works wonders. :glare:

Motorcycles meet the EU standards. The data that they use I suspect was the same study I found they were using in WA , from a 1970's study of 2 strokes. The other part they ignore is solid waste. 2 tires vs 4, a FJR is say around 600 and some change. A car is from 2k to 5k of plastic rubber ,metal and other materials , more solid waste. They ignore decreased need for addition parking spaces ( 3 bikes to a spot) , use of HOT and HOV lanes ( except for NY) which lowers fuel consumption as how are moving instead of sitting.

Yes, an FJR gets 40-45 mpg and so is more fuel efficient than most cars. But not all cars. Some do get better than 45 mpg. And how many people are riding in the car vs the motorcycle? If you had my '08 Chevy Impala riding down the highway getting 30 mpg with 4 people comfortably riding in it (120 mpg/person) you are getting better fuel efficiency than an FJR even with a passenger (90 mpg/person).
Take one look at the HOV lane on my commute home at 5:30pm on any given weekday and you'll see how many people do not exercise this sort of mental math.

And that Dihydrogen monoxide stuff is dangerous. Major component in acid rain :)