Motorcycles Use Extreme Caution

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean like this:

089.jpg

I saw a bunch of these signs in Idaho.
As a native of the State, I'd like to clarify. Typically, when I see this sign, I pull over, trade my Teva's for boots, put on gloves and a helmet, and start REALLY paying attention. It's really saved my ass a few times :lol:
Hey Spud. So you normally ride bareheaded with Teva sandles? That is really cool. Wish I were that hip. You go, girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey Spud. So you normally ride bareheaded with Teva sandles? That is really cool. Wish I were that hip. You go, girl."

You forgot that I don't usually pay attention either. I didn't think my sarcasm was that subtle....

"Hey Spud. So you normally ride bareheaded with Teva sandles? That is really cool. Wish I were that hip. You go, girl."
You forgot that I don't usually pay attention either. I didn't think my sarcasm was that subtle....
It wasn't.

Hey Spud. So you normally ride bareheaded with Teva sandles? That is really cool. Wish I were that hip. You go, girl.
"You go, GIRL" ?! No girl I know would ride like that. Well....ok.....my HD-riding friend might. But she does wear boots and one of those half-litre brain buckets. Oh, and don't forget the sparkly HD tee :p

ps - Spud, 'yes', I figured you were being sarcastic ;)

"You go, GIRL" ?! No girl I know would ride like that. Well....ok.....my HD-riding friend might. But she does wear boots and one of those half-litre brain buckets. Oh, and don't forget the sparkly HD tee :p

ps - Spud, 'yes', I figured you were being sarcastic ;)
My bad. :(

Up to 5 deaths could be attributed to sudden extreme drops (4") in the pavement level. While a 4" drop is inconvenient and uncomfortable to an automobile, you can imagine the potential for catastrophe with a motorcycle.

Once we had identified the problem to DOT we debated with them and cajoled them for a year before we finally resorted to introducing legislation. Even with the sponsorship of the chair of Senate Transportation it was still a battle. The agency still opposed the measure to the bitter end.

I may be pissing into the wind here, but you would think that during the course of normal accident investigation, it would have become apparent that something was drastically wrong with the way things were being done on that paving job and changes were needed. Without a motorcycle PAC having to beat their heads against the wall to get some signs. What are we, second class citizens when we are on two wheels? Oh wait... :glare: