• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mounting plate for factory top box.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that they are the same until the 16's.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="101stpathfinder" data-cid="1365173" data-time="1494710587"><p>

Is there a difference between Gen. 1 and Gen 2 plates?<br />

I have a plate from my '05.</p></blockquote>

They are not the same..
no.gif
A Gen 1 plate will not fit on a Gen 2 / 3 bike and vice versa.

01-05 are the same.

06-16 are the same..

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to know if the Yamaha top box rack is the same for various year FJRs, it is. I purchased the Yamaha top box and rack for my silver '03 FJR and used it for my '07 black cherry FJR and now am using it on my '17 FJR1300ES. Painting the top box for each year FJR I transferred it to.

I do have a second Yamaha top box rack I am not using, FYI.

If you want to know if the Yamaha top box rack is the same for various year FJRs, it is. I purchased the Yamaha top box and rack for my silver '03 FJR and used it for my '07 black cherry FJR and now am using it on my '17 FJR1300ES. Painting the top box for each year FJR I transferred it to.
I do have a second Yamaha top box rack I am not using, FYI.
I didn't knew that the Gen1 rack fits on the Gen2-3 bikes...And probably vice versa.The design is very different underside...

Last edited by a moderator: