Moving on

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekirby

Reaction score
Hey all you fine folks. I am now twice removed from the FJR. My new ride is a 2007 VFR--yeah, the Freddie Spencer RWB. I had always wanted one and got a pretty good deal for my CBR and decided to go for it. I closed my cabinet making business as building slowed down enough around here that folks just did not want to wait on a one-man shop for their custom cabinets. The few contractors I had worked for apologized and told me that when their customers wanted to pull the trigger on a project, they needed to take their money right then and not wait on the cabinet man. I understand. I am now the service advisor for a metric motorcycle dealership in Roanoke, VA and between the long hours I work and lack of relevancy the FJR has to my life at the moment, have to economize my time. I am not mad at anyone, thank a lot of you here and really enjoy the few rides I have been on with some of you. I will play voyeur (lurker?) from time to time and check in, but I just did not want to leave and have some of you wonder why. Those that I have expressed concern for and offered prayers for, I still do and will.

Ya'll take care and ride safe.

John

Bering in the cabinet (millwork) business as well, I feel your pain. Good luck with the new gig, and the new bike.

Hey, thanks for the post - and wishes for the future.

Pop on in from time to time, stir the pot a bit, then sit back and watch. It's great fun!

What? No more Dip Dogs?

I may soon be joining the same club.. But rest assured I'll still be here.

Way to many good times and good peeps to just walk away :)

VFR great choice. even if you have an FJR to ride.

DSCN0165.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: