MRA VarioScreen-Maxi windshield?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orestes,

how tall are you?

When you ride at 70-80 mph where does the airflow go? Up over the helmet or right at the helmet?

Is it quiet to ride with it in any or all positions?

I'm looking for quiet most of all.

THANKS!

GZ

Orestes,
how tall are you?

When you ride at 70-80 mph where does the airflow go? Up over the helmet or right at the helmet?

THANKS!

GZ
I'm 6'3" tall, I tend to find it rather difficult to adjust to get a really quiet ride (I wear a Schuberth S1 helmet) so I've adjusted it so the wind hits my shoulders so there is little buffeting. I've only completed one 500 mile ride since fitting it a couple of weeks ago so I've had little chance to experiment with various heights and angles but so far haven't been too impressed as it doesn't seem to offer much improvement over the standard screen. I will try a few more runs over the next few weeks before I reach a firm conclusion and then I might try a Cee Bailley +4 +2. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Dave

I've got one, used it since day one.

Vario.jpg

btw, there was a thread on this previously

clicky

If you go check the old thread there is mention of a spoiler, I was thinking of getting one of those instead of the laminar lip.

As far as your questions:

how tall are you?

-- 6'

-- It hits the top of the helmet, the way I've been running it with the lip it breaks the airflow some.

-- if you're looking for that magic pocket of air?? Me to, haven't got it yet.

-- but I do prefer this setup over the National Cycle wind screen

Tom Barber (the "Barbarian") has one of these and thinks it is the best windscreen he has ever used.

But he isn't as tall as I am.

-bvw.

I have used one of these for the last 40000 miles and think its great , but I was looking to get rid of the turbulence and noise associated with it

I like air flow and ride with the screen almost all the way down all the time . When it rains I put the screen up 3/4 way which gives minimal airflow and makes the rain run down my visor keeping it clear.

And during the summer I take the top half off and have full blast air to beat the heat.

The main thing this screen copes with is turbulence , there isnt any, one of my freinds unlike me rides 2 up all the time and is a giant in comparison to me and he reckons it works for him and his pillion.

:yahoo:

I had a naked sv1000 and added one to it. It was a bit quieter than no screen and seemed to cut down on bigger gusts, but may have cause a smidge more buffeting on the helmet. Product was well made, would consider one for my fjr.

Josh