MRA VarioScreen Windshield-Anybody Use One?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one on my Gen1, it was on the bike when I bought it. Good screen, strong and had a good 'air bubble' behind it. Got smashed when the bike was totalled.
The Gen3 I have now has the stock screen which is thinner and quite a bit shorter so I've added one of those clip-on screens - vibrates a bit but pretty good now.

I think the MRA VarioScreen-Max Windshield would work very well. And if my V-Stream ever needed replacement I would consider the Vario.

I first tried the small wing-let type add-on screen on my FJR in 2019 and I could not be happier with the product. Now all our bikes have them. My daughter's bikes have them as well as my Super Tenere. For us they are a great low cost accessory.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the report. Unfortunate about the bike being totalled. Hope you walked away.
What do you mean by air bubble?
Sorry Norcal, not been on the forum for a while (too busy riding!), but yes, walked (well, I limped!) away with some heavy bruising. Just as Torch says, the calm air pocket. This is the deflector on my standard screen.
Deflector.jpg

I have MRA X-screen attached to a stock windshield on an 05. It solved all buffeting issues and noise, BUT you will be looking through it, not over it.

Sorry Norcal, not been on the forum for a while (too busy riding!), but yes, walked (well, I limped!) away with some heavy bruising. Just as Torch says, the calm air pocket. This is the deflector on my standard screen.
View attachment 2392
hmmm. Interesting. Looks like it would interfere with forward vision. I was actually wondering if anyone has installed the complete MRA system, which is different than the add on you have.

Your gas tank looks 'different'. Is that a custom tank? The front of the tank looks like it's been modified.