Muzzy not so bad after all

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres the damage..... :(

Picture002.jpg

Here is the damage on my pipe
Picture002.jpg
I got off the phone with Muzzy and they finally decided to make a new pipe that doesn't scrape. :yahoo:

I should have it in a few weeks.

In the meantime, I brought the bike to yoshimura ( local to me) and they are going to cut off the part that is scraping and weld in a new pipe that is tucked in.

Hopefully this will solve my problem untill I get the new pipe from Muzzy.

I better hear good news from them today then too! I talked to them on the phone Monday and sent them pictures too. Didn't hear anything back from them yesterday.sounds like their willing to make it right.

Do you have to send back the old header-mid pipe?

What was the name of the person you talked to at Muzzys?

Last edited by a moderator:

What was the name of the person you talked to at Muzzys

I spoke to Dave and he said I didn't have to send back the old pipe. After all, what is he going to do with it?

What was the name of the person you talked to at Muzzys

I spoke to Dave and he said I didn't have to send back the old pipe. After all, what is he going to do with it?
Muzzy is a stand up outfit and will make good on it with a revised header system.

I recieved a message today saying they would be getting a FJR in to make up a new system and would contact me as soon as its done,for a new replacement. :)

I recieved a message today saying they would be getting a FJR in to make up a new system and would contact me as soon as its done,for a new replacement. :)
Great news. It's this kind of stand up response that would make me choose a Muzzy when I get 'round to improving my FJR's exhaust performance. Please tell them so.

That is pretty awesome. Good midrange and +10HP on top is nothing to sneeze at, not to mention a healthy drop in system weight. How much weight did it drop?

This sure seems like a happy ending. Keep us posted through completetion! Those Dyno's are nice. It's nice to see a substantiated Farkle rather than a sparkle!

I'm glad you didn't low side due to hard parts scraping during your testing of Muzzy's product. Are they providing you pay for your Quality Assurance testing and reporting?

That is pretty awesome. Good midrange and +10HP on top is nothing to sneeze at, not to mention a healthy drop in system weight. How much weight did it drop?
The Muzzy weighs about 13lbs, the stock exhaust weighs 30-35lbs.

Also, I have the Quite Core in the the pipe which may cost me 1-2HP on top.

I'm glad you didn't low side due to hard parts scraping during your testing of Muzzy's product. Are they providing you pay for your Quality Assurance testing and reporting?

I wish

OK, it's back on my wish list. Damn, I thought I was about done spending money on this bike. Kudos to Muzzy.