My daughter is grieving today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2Lmaker

Reaction score
It's all there in the thread title. It seems pretty straight forward. My daughter's puppy died.

If people are looking for FJR related info, they will know to skip this thread.

This is my daughter:

Father-Daughter%252520Dance.jpg
• •
scan.jpg

To be precise, Sarah is my step-daughter. But I've been a part of her life for a long time.

In spite of my best efforts, she was quite the little princess. One piece of advice I gave her was something like "Why would you want to be a cheerleader? Pick a sport you can be part of, not a sport you can cheer for." She half ignored that advice. She was captain of the swim team and captain of cheer leading.

I remember when she was in middle school and "all" of her friends were getting phones. I told her I would get a second phone line (remember land lines?) for her room if she made the National Honor Society. I figured that would get me off the hook. NOPE. She was a member of the NHS as soon as she was eligible. She went on to be the vice-president of Key Club. She received a few scholarships to help pay for college tuition. Did I mention she was a princess? Miss Fridley. Good grief! I never let the girls watch beauty pageants as kids.

Now my little achiever has her Master's Degree.

Drive. She has no lack of drive. Her mother and I were starting to get worried about her. "All work and no play..."

I should mention my son-in-law. Luke and Sarah have been together since middle school (in spite of my best efforts to scare him off).

They are crazy about each other.

Luke's dad died of cancer, but lived long enough to see Sarah and Luke married. That was tough to watch. Luke idolized his dad.

After a year of marriage my daughter and son-in-law decide to get a puppy.

It changed their lives.

My little workaholic was in danger of burn-out, but she needed to set work aside, go home, and take care of her puppy.

My son-in-law was warming up. He was quicker to smile and we were seeing more of him.

Here's the little pooch, Bella Fae:

scan0002.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, Sarah, Luke and Bella were at our house when Bella had difficulty breathing and was bleeding from her mouth.

This afternoon Bella died.

We don't know what happened. The x-rays indicated quite a bit of fluid in her lungs. Poisoning is suspected, but not confirmed by the blood tests.

All I know is that my daughter and son-in-law are hurting and I'm helpless to do anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that my daughter and son-in-law are hurting and I'm helpless to do anything about it.
I'm so sorry, Joe... that is so very sad for everyone. I wish I had the magic words to make it better... sending you all my thoughts and prayers.
+1

I just got back from taking my daughters dog for a walk. She loves her mate, so do I.

Joe best regards to your family from my family.

Surly

Man, That's a tough story! You know I hope, after healing, they will get another puppy.

I know that right now, after the loss of Bella Fae, probably even the mention of that possibility would not be good.

After some time though, I hope they will consider another.

Take care,

Last edited by a moderator:
As she hurts..

So do you Joe. Your a good man my friend.

Darn critters might be the only thing keeping us from being animals.

Sorry for your family's loss bud :(

Joe

Sounds like It's d-Con poison for rats and mice. It's sweet, dogs will eat it.

People need to be very careful where they use that stuff.

That double sucks. It's sad that they lost a beloved member of their family and it hurts watching them go through this pain. Sorry man.

Damn :( . Our dog had severe pneumonia the week after we got her from the rescue group and almost died. I would have felt really devastated. Luckily she pulled through. Sadly there's not a good answer to what happened but does make poisoning sound possible. Very sorry - however, with all the dogs and pups put down in shelters, she'll be able to save another life when/if they're able to take in another dog or two.

Very sorry for your loss. It is so tough to see a daughter in such pain.

Keeping a good thought for all of you. :>(

*Sitting here not knowing what to type*

Ugh.

You're a good Dad Joe, it's clear in your message.

You don't have to know what to do, just be there.

Shane

I never wanted any pets. I felt I didn't have time for one. Then my brother was trying to find a home for a puppy the the owners didn't want. She didn't want to be around anyone and my brother thought she might be wrong in the head. Well, we were camping that he weekend and he brought her out there. When she heard my voice she ran over to me and followed me where ever I went. When I left camp in the morning to go hunting they said she made the most awful noise for hours. They had to keep her tied up because she wanted to take off. Needless to say, I adopted her. She turned out to be the best dog anyone could ever want. We ended up breeding her because some many people wanted a puppy from her, including our vet. Now I have her and two of her offspring. Oh, I can't forget the cat that she adopted. She got a stranded kitten out of a briar patch and brought it to us. LOL So, I went from wanting no pets to having three dogs and a cat.

I'm sorry for your daughters loss but in time she'll find another one and fall in love with it. I just hope if it was poisoned they find the SOB who did it.

Many positives and much to be proud of, Joe. I'm feeling for you all. It will get better, it always does. I've had to put down 4 pets in the last 6 years, never easy to lose one.

Many positives and much to be proud of, Joe. I'm feeling for you all. It will get better, it always does. I've had to put down 4 pets in the last 6 years, never easy to lose one.
+1, Gunny; We Stanley Boys are sincerely pulling for You and Your Daughter Joe, we are losing our 10 year old Labrador Retriever "Bear" to Cancer right now and it is just so damn hard to take!