• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My FJR Fell off its kickstand! Need Parts!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultracvo88

Reaction score
HEY GUYS. My 2004 FJR 1300ABS needs help!!

I am totally disgusted!! Up at americade near lake placid I parked my bike on the side of a road on the kickstand to check out a waterfall and the bike fell over!!! No it wasn't left in gear like it should of been!!

I have to fix it asap!!! I already found a new left mirror,clutch lever, side top fairing panel

I need

1) left side saddle bag lid

2) motor cover that has yamaha logo

3) left hand side turn signal

If anyone has any of these items let me know.

Was thinking of just bringing the lid to a body shop and have it painted any idea how much this should cost?

Anyone have the correct paint code for a 2004 Cerulean Silver color?

Thanks so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know forum member Garauld (Gary C.) does factory paint matching. He also lives in NY somewhere. Shoot him a PM.

I used to have the same affliction. Then I realized two things. First, as soon as you spend $400 to fix all your scratches, your goona drop it again. And again. Second, you can't see the scratches when you're on the bike moving down the road with a grin on your mug.

And just to be helpful, the thingamajig with the logo is called the stator cover and you have to replace the gasket at the same time.

Mirror? Handle bar end?

Touch up paint at colorrite.com.

Step 1: Fix all the stuff that is really broken.

Step 2: Buff out scratches, cover up remaining with decals from Here or Here.

Step 3: If you really need to spend some $$$ find replacement parts Here.

Good Luck...it happens.

--G

I have d & d slip ons and they were not affected. Bar ends didnt hit either. My buddy said to just leave it and touch it up also. But to be honest id rather fix her up. Out of my 4 bikes shes 1st place and shes worth the least in terms of dollars. I ride my FJR the most!!

I ordered the frame sliders also..lol..... little late moron!! lol

Bah.

Shake it off, man.

Chicks dig scars.

Fix the -really- broken stuff. As for everything else? Leave 'er be.

Or, better yet, go kick that fat pig over on the other side so the scars match on both sides.

Sorry to hear about the drop Ultra. . .

I had a similar misadventure (I dropped mine in my basement garage out of sheer stupidiy). It was only a few months old and the right saddle bag and Givi top case were scratched nicely. I took it to a local body shop I know (too well because of my kids). He matched to the bike color and repainted both - perfectly for $240.00.

Thanks Guys!! You guys know your stuff b/c this is costing about 400 bucks.... without the stator cover...

1- frame sliders ebay 80.00

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

2- clutch lever ebay 23.00

3- mirror left side... but i think this came with both sides ebay 27.00

4- yamaha genuine top left painted fairing piece and misc extra screws and fastners 175.00

5- left saddlebag rubber strip 30.00

6 - painted saddlebag lid aprox 100.00

As you can see I went the cheap route concerning the ebay parts....All amounts do include shipping. Mirrors,clutch lever are not genuine parts.... I emailed the sellers and they said it would fit correctly but well see. The left indicator also has a scratch and the stator cover have a few scratches also that im just going to touch up....

I guess I should of got those 80.00 frame sliders before going to americade this year....lol...

I got a bking about a month ago and put sliders on her right away. And the yamaha I ride all the time got looked over.... MY dumb ass fault!! lol...lol..

Anybody know where I can find a cheap new stator cover and left side turn signal ??? lol

I dropped mine last March while heading home from the Monterey ride near Bakersfield. Because of the damage, I filed a claim with my insurance which required an estimate. Counting labor, the left side saddlebag, mirror, stater cover w/ gasket, and side piece of the fairing came to $1800. Not cheap!

I was thinking of filing a claim but I only have comp and theft on the bike.... not collision.... The insruance company (progressive said that only damage that would be covererd would be if I fell while riding through sand or etc.....

I was thinking of filing a claim but I only have comp and theft on the bike.... not collision.... The insruance company (progressive said that only damage that would be covererd would be if I fell while riding through sand or etc.....
Ultra, being that this thread has been going for some time now you may have already fianlized your repairs. However, in case you haven't or for those that might be in a similar circumstance in the future and want to file a claim with their insurance company I have done a little research for you. I am in the "claims" business myself and thought that your description of what Progressive told you didn't sound right. The facts as you describe them are not a "Collision" event, it should fall under "Comprehensive" coverage, which you said that you have. So I looked it up and found the following info on their own website:

"Comprehensive and Collision

Comprehensive and Collision coverage pays to repair or replace your motorcycle if it is stolen or damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. For each coverage, you select a deductible that you pay out of pocket. Your insurance company pays for the remaining damage.

With Collision coverage, your insurance company pays for damage to your motorcycle when you collide with another vehicle or object. If you hit a car, a pole or another nonliving object, Collision coverage will apply.

With Comprehensive coverage, your insurance company pays for damage to your motorcycle caused by an event other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism. If you hit an animal, or if your motorcycle is flooded or stolen, Comprehensive coverage will apply."

You didn't mention if your bike was within your sight at all times while you were sightseeing. But if it wasn't and there were no witnesses to your bike falling over, then it could be inferred that your bike could have been subjected to vandalism. Further, from their definition of Comp coverage I don't think it even needs to be vanadalism for coverage to apply, I think your description of the event would fall under the comp coverage anyway. As I have underlined above, "caused by an event OTHER than collision" I believe that is all that needs to be read to see there is coverage for your loss.

The number one rule is to read your policy and see what the definition for "Comprehensive Coverage" says in the policy. If your policy says essentially the same thing as the definition on their website, then comprehensive coverage would apply IMHO.

If you can get it essentially all repaired for $400 then that's definately the route to take, as you're deductible would come out of your pocket AND most importantly, a claim like this would likely cause your rates to increase.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM.

FJRBandit

P. S. This is a question that comes up a lot and most of the time people are confused as to what coverages they have and how they apply. Here is a link to an easy to read description of the types of coverages we typically have on our auto and motorcycle policies for those that care to indulge themselves in what I deal with everyday:

https://motorcycle.progressive.com/motorcycle-coverages.aspx

disclaimer - I am in no way affiliated with Progressive Insurance. I am merely posting this link as it is an easy to read description of available coverages on motorcycle policies.

HEY GUYS. My 2004 FJR 1300ABS needs help!!

I am totally disgusted!! Up at americade near lake placid I parked my bike on the side of a road on the kickstand to check out a waterfall and the bike fell over!!! No it wasn't left in gear like it should of been!!

I have to fix it asap!!! I already found a new left mirror,clutch lever, side top fairing panel

I need

1) left side saddle bag lid

2) motor cover that has yamaha logo

3) left hand side turn signal

If anyone has any of these items let me know.

Was thinking of just bringing the lid to a body shop and have it painted any idea how much this should cost?

Anyone have the correct paint code for a 2004 Cerulean Silver color?

Thanks so much!!!