MY FJR IS KILLING ME !!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stretching exercises before running an errand?
From the world of Physical Therapy it is obvious not having a clutch on a motorcycle has thrown the kinetic connections completely out of sync with the rest of the motorcycling psyche. There is a definite correlation between right hand/left hand responsibilities in regards to the operation of a motorcycle and not having a clutch is blocking the brain wave patterns and that blockage is sending signals to the rest of the body of total confusion, panic, pain, and a reluctance to ride the motorcycle as it should be ridden. The brain replaces common motorcycle logic needed with, my legs hurt, my hands hurt, my nuts are being crushed, my wheels are the wrong color, should I trailer the bike for the errands?

One possible fix might be to remove the right saddle bag to try and offset the imbalance caused by the clutchless machine. There is no data yet to support whether it will help you be a man and ride the bike, but hell, as long as all this whinin' is taking place, might as well look the part. Ride it over to Denver and back and then start to sort out what you don't like versus 100 miles for trips to the bread store.
Haha... Stream of consciousness. Motorcycling a la Kerouac 101.

Well, I jumped from the first page to back here so forgive me if it's already been covered. Everyone seems to go for the dished saddles but personally I like the shape of my old 83 gs 750e better. It had a more rounded profile. I don't tense up, unless I'm freezing cold and the edges of the seat put pressure on my inner thighs and make my groin go numb. So I can relate to the topic post very well.

If I had an answer I'd give it to you. I've lived with it because without doing a ride in somewhere I doubt a custom seat would be any better. Some stiff foam in a half moon shape with a nut pocket is what I need.

Or, a really hot chick on the back with the front seat gone and me on her lap while she massages my inner thighs to keep the blood flowing... Get to the end of the driveway and your ready to go back inside.