My god given right to ride bikes on my land

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
I'm looking at property that has the following clause in its CC&Rs:

CCR%20Motobikes.JPG

I am so going to close this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
What constitutes a "muffled motorbike?" Without a specific identifier such as "below a certain decibel level," some straight pipe pirate is gonna move in next door and say his bike does have mufflers on it.

Then your gonna hafta move to Detroit for any peace and quiet. Lol...

Yea, I was just thinking my son's KX85 is pretty frickin loud. I suppose it depends how much space you have to play on. It's unfortunate that we have to try to regulate what constitutes a "good neighbor".

There is always the issue of doing something so loud it pisses off your neighbors. Same for dogs barking or such.

Our "lots" run between 13-40 acres. My neighbor has 40. He has two grandchildren living with him that are around 10-12 years old. They spend hours most days riding around his land on small dirt bikes. Really pisses me off.... I'm so damn envious I could cry. These kids are having fun and learning how to ride thru the school of hard knocks. Wish I had had the same experiences when I was their age. Muffled or unmuffled, I do not care.

There is always the issue of doing something so loud it pisses off your neighbors. Same for dogs barking or such.
+1

It's like the old saying "Your right to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose."

You DO have the right to ride on your land. You DON'T have the right to piss off your neighbors with loud noise.

Clearly it's some kind of HOA. If you don't like the HOA don't buy into the property/neighborhood. It's voluntary (buy elsewhere). Once you've opted in, you did so knowingly and should abide by those HOA rules unless you can work to change them.

Anything other than that level of discussion borders on politics and is a rabbit hole best spelunked elsewhere.

Looks good to me. The fact that the allowance of muffled motor bikes is specifically included indicates a motorcycle friendly community.

I have turned a new leaf,
Good day boys,

Dave
Alright, I'll bite. What the hell does that mean Dave? Autumn in NE? You are now adding leaf springs to your product line? Oh, turned OVER a new leaf and will not provide a SAM? Too late for me.

I have turned a new leaf,
Good day boys,

Dave
Alright, I'll bite. What the hell does that mean Dave? Autumn in NE? You are now adding leaf springs to your product line? Oh, turned OVER a new leaf and will not provide a SAM? Too late for me.
No...he overcooked a local curve and tossed a Nissan into the ditch, narrowly missing a school bus.

013112.hwy47mp27.bus.1_fitbox_400x1000.JPG

I did max out my trooper mod as much as I could.
rolleyes.gif
I don't have any neighbors and the ones I do have are all family. My brotherinlaw has two hardleys so my trooper mod is quiet compared to his straight pipes.

Dave

Oddly, there is a CC&R that prohibits any kind of use of an RV for any purpose, except a narrow right to live in one during the construction of the house (limited to one year). You can store your RV, just can't use it on your property.

It's pretty damn quiet out in this neighborhood, and I'm not aiming to turn the back 40 into a motocross track. However, letting the kids ride around on stock (mostly quiet) bikes is nice, considering my current neighborhood forbids this.

The neighbor two houses down is the one on the block that everyone is likely to complain about. He's an original settler here, and has more than a few cars and bikes "littered" around his property, and the Bing map pix show some well worn tracks. Nothing that bothers me, and it makes my infrequent and muffled riding seem downright reasonable.

neighbor.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddly, there is a CC&R that prohibits any kind of use of an RV for any purpose, except a narrow right to live in one during the construction of the house (limited to one year). You can store your RV, just can't use it on your property.
It sounds like they don't want someone to buy land and live in an RV without building a house, or build a house and use the RV for an extended family member or as a rental unit. Use the RV as an RV, not a permanent residence. It is perfectly reasonable.

I wish they would have simply stated that it can't be used for more than xxxx consecutive days, instead of an outright ban. It's nice to put the guests in their own space, even just for a night.