My wife and my girl friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomerang

Reaction score
How to convence my wife that the only girl friend I have is about 600lb's and blue ?

She swares I must have a girl friend. Why else would a married man just suit up for no good resone and go for a ride at 1:am.?

Why else would he take the long way home from work,or go for three or four hour rides on a Saturday after noon?

Why else would he spend so much time on the forums. Or spend hours plotting his course for an up comeing ride?

Ok,ok,I get it, time to do a little home work.

Damn,I wish she would ride!

Well... I've had my FJR for 3 years and I'm still being asked those same questions. :eek:

Those of you, that have super understanding wife's who lets you go on LD trips or just a short weekend. You better go and give them a kiss and a HUGE thanks for understanding your passion (or obsession for some). :)

Dave

PS. I do understand that my situation also involves 3 kids (13, 11, 8 years old)....but we've also been married for 18 years.....one would think she knew me by now. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,ok,I get it, time to do a little home work.
Damn,I wish she would ride!
Take her out for a nice brunch then to a motorcycle dealership. Find the one that really appeals to her then get her enrolled in an MSF class. If you can get a friend to go along with her, all the better. Do NOT stand around and watch. You have to leave, and let her learn without feeling that you're watching.

During the class, she will hopefully find out what it's all about. Then, you take her back to the dealership (or Craig's List) and fork out the SS for her bike.

There are two downsides to this theory - one is that she'll fall in love with your girlfriend, then you've lost both. The other is that she'll find a boyfriend of her own which isn't the Vespa or Rebel that you had in mind for her.

The upside is that she will catch the bug and then you'll have the best riding buddy in the world. Andy and I both ride alone for commuting etc but we take road trips together, ride dual sports together and ride dirt bikes together. It doesn't get much better than that.

Too familiar.

When I started riding couple years ago, I got the same stares and curious faces when returning home from work, 2hrs later than normal. Just couldn't resist riding into the night and being comfortable with the bike.

Fortunately, different result. She caught the fever and wanted to ride on her own bike. Then we started riding together, but I still have to have my moments alone with the FJR on the road, except now she totally understands.

Well, for the most part.

Well tell your wife you get more attention, a long loving response from the slightess use of your hand from your girlfriend and she dose things you will not do . So that's why I go out with her

Now when you wake up with a black eye do not blame me cause you were stupid enough to say those things . Take your wife out to a nice dinner ,the movies and plenty of chocolate .

My wife used to ask if I had a girlfriend. I finally told her flat out that for all the trouble she had been, I sure didn't need another female in my life.

Credit for that line goes to either Henny Youngman or Roger Dangerfield.

It did stop my wife asking, though.

:rolleyes:

The upside is that she will catch the bug and then you'll have the best riding buddy in the world. Andy and I both ride alone for commuting etc but we take road trips together, ride dual sports together and ride dirt bikes together. It doesn't get much better than that.
Jill's got it absolutely right... that's the best solution of all.

Worked for us as well!

Yo .. over here .. I'm the fly in your ointment.

My wife rides her own, but is far from my favorite riding buddy. We have very different ideas of what a "good ride" is. In a nutshell, I enjoy rides with great scenery and challenging roads; she enjoys non-challenging rides which end at a charming place to spend some time.

Fortunately I have more vacation time than her and other riding buddies who share my interests.

Before we met, my wife had never ridden on a motorcycle. Last year, we took a trip to SFO followed by a several-day ride along Route 66 to Chicago, and we took a ride to Long Island and Maine and all points in between, and then there was EOM followed by a trip to visit friends in Charlotte.

Yeah, she 'gets' it and enjoys it. Plus, when she rides with me, I can focus on driving and she snaps tons of pictures. We make a good team and I enjoy riding with her.

She took the Riders Edge class. Let's just say it didn't work out for her, which is fine.

And hey Checks - who the hell is Roger Dangerfield, anyway? :blink: :dribble:

Take her out for a nice brunch then to a motorcycle dealership. Find the one that really appeals to her then get her enrolled in an MSF class. If you can get a friend to go along with her, all the better. Do NOT stand around and watch. You have to leave, and let her learn without feeling that you're watching.
My wife was quite the opposite. She wanted me to actually enroll in the MSF class with her. It's almost like these women-folk are individuals with minds of their own and different preferences or something...

My wife rides her own, but is far from my favorite riding buddy. We have very different ideas of what a "good ride" is. In a nutshell, I enjoy rides with great scenery and challenging roads; she enjoys non-challenging rides which end at a charming place to spend some time.
I've got similar problems. My wife rode her own for a couple years, but never became comfortable with it and finally crashed one too many times. Now she's decided to abandon piloting her own bike and just ride with me, which I know won't last forever because she's too much of a control freak to ride on the back (I say that with all the love and affection possible).

My wife's idea of a "good ride" is maybe a 150 mile day with maybe a few curves thrown in. Getting her to travel for any length of time is probably not going to work.

Oh well, compromise is what marriage is about, right?

My wife is warm and loving and we spoon every night in our cozy bed. On the other hand, my girlfriend is an ice cold bitch who sleeps alone under a thin sheet out in the garage. Without any spark, she can't even turn over on her own. All her joints and moving parts are stiff. By now she's probably got flat feet and a fine film of scum and grime covering her skin. But she's not forgotten, and somehow undergoes a transformation in the spring. That's when we rekindle our relationship. She gets a good soapy, hot bath and I give her fresh lubricants (ah, yes!). I turn her on with a jolt of juice and she awakens and turns over sweetly. Eventually she and I build a searing hot fire down in her heart and internals. She's ready for me to put her between my legs and grab her handles and work her controls which tend to send tingles into my extremities. We become one as my brain and her body meld to embark on mutually satisfying journeys that may be exotic, if not erotic. Best yet, her younger siblings, adventurous and sporty, are jealous and await some of the action. Too bad about that exhaust, though. And man does she go through the rubber. I love her anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is warm and loving and we spoon every night in our cozy bed. On the other hand, my girlfriend is an ice cold bitch who sleeps alone under a thin sheet out in the garage. Without any spark, she can't even turn over on her own. All her joints and moving parts are stiff. By now she's probably got flat feet and a fine film of scum and grime covering her skin. But she's not forgotten, and somehow undergoes a transformation in the spring. That's when we rekindle our relationship. She gets a good soapy, hot bath and I give her fresh lubricants (ah, yes!). I turn her on with a jolt of juice and she awakens and turns over sweetly. Eventually she and I build a searing hot fire down in her heart and internals. She's ready for me to put her between my legs and grab her handles and work her controls which tend to send tingles into my extremities. We become one as my brain and her body meld to embark on mutually satisfying journeys that may be exotic, if not erotic. Best yet, her younger siblings, adventurous and sporty, are jealous and await some of the action. Too bad about that exhaust, though. And man does she go through the rubber. I love her anyway.
Wow, down boy, down! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before we met, my wife had never ridden on a motorcycle. Last year, we took a trip to SFO followed by a several-day ride along Route 66 to Chicago, and we took a ride to Long Island and Maine and all points in between, and then there was EOM followed by a trip to visit friends in Charlotte.
Yeah, she 'gets' it and enjoys it. Plus, when she rides with me, I can focus on driving and she snaps tons of pictures. We make a good team and I enjoy riding with her.

She took the Riders Edge class. Let's just say it didn't work out for her, which is fine.

And hey Checks - who the hell is Roger Dangerfield, anyway? :blink: :dribble:
My first date with my wife was to the motorcycle show. I had a race bike on display in the road racing club booth. I raced the frist three years we were toether. She loves to ride pillion. I give her the camera to let her snap away. Let's me concentrate on the road and the curves. I relive the scenery through her pictures.

Best of both worlds. We have done many 500+ mile 14 hour days of tight twisty back roads together. :yahoo: I even got her to start riding in the dirt with me and the daughters. Those tend to be shorter and slower, but that's fine. She loves to do it.

Really makes for some good quality time together. I got a keeper for sure! :clapping: :yahoo: :p B)