My Wife is down but not out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You cannot imagine how much I appreciate all the support and concern members have shown Sharon and I. She will have a bronchocopy Wednesday morning. Neither the Onchologist or the Pulmanologist believe the condition in the lungs is cancer but are not certain what it is. It is not pneumonia and could be a side effect of the chemo she has been receiving. They will hopefully be able to tell us what it is and what can be done to address it by Friday.

The spots on the liver are cancer and so she is ready to get this lung problem resolved so she can restart chemo as soon as possible. That will presumably be sometime next week. Sharon's attitude remains very good in spite of what she has already endured. Thanks again to all.

John

You cannot imagine how much I appreciate all the support and concern members have shown Sharon and I. She will have a bronchocopy Wednesday morning. Neither the Onchologist or the Pulmanologist believe the condition in the lungs is cancer but are not certain what it is. It is not pneumonia and could be a side effect of the chemo she has been receiving. They will hopefully be able to tell us what it is and what can be done to address it by Friday.
The spots on the liver are cancer and so she is ready to get this lung problem resolved so she can restart chemo as soon as possible. That will presumably be sometime next week. Sharon's attitude remains very good in spite of what she has already endured. Thanks again to all.

John
John, please let Sharon know (and you too) that I am assembling the tons of good mojo/juju/prayers/thoughts/energy that have been gifted to me in my recovery, wrapping it all up and tying it up with a big sparkly ribbon, and winging it your way for the days and weeks ahead. Sharon sounds like she is one helluva fighter and that always bodes well. Hang tough for her and remember to take care of yourself so you can take care of her. :)

First time visiting this section of the Forum in quite a while. Boomer, she sure is lucky to have you! Wishing her and you and your family the best possible outcome for what must seem such a difficult fight. Sounds like your wife has the gumption to beat it, so hoping one more prayer from the right coast will help! Good luck to you!

John
John, please let Sharon know (and you too) that I am assembling the tons of good mojo/juju/prayers/thoughts/energy that have been gifted to me in my recovery, wrapping it all up and tying it up with a big sparkly ribbon, and winging it your way for the days and weeks ahead. Sharon sounds like she is one helluva fighter and that always bodes well. Hang tough for her and remember to take care of yourself so you can take care of her. :)
wow Ty...I guess you know John and Sharon, Ty kinda has the market on our corner of the world on that aspect of life

Prayers warriors are uniting...GO SHARON GO...

:clapping: :clapping: :yahoo:

John
John and Sharon...the Good Lord brought you to mind to post...my kids during bedtime prayers asked me to name my FJR buds we are praying for

ya'll immediately came to mind among some peeps recovering from accidents or ailments

hope things are looking up and that pink walker is being worn out

Best and mojo for good healing and health,

Mike

Great news everyone! The lungs are greatly improved and oxygen levels are up to 99%. Yesterday Sharon was able to start chemo again. She has started a new drug which she will receive once weekly for 3 weeks and then get a week off. No idea of how long this will go on other than until the cancer is in remission. Her attitude is still great . She was off chemo for almost exactly a month due to the lung problem.

Today for the first time in almost 5 months Sharon drove the car and we went shopping. She even loaded and unloaded her walker by herself. Lifting heavy objects is a no no due to the damaged vertebrae but the walker weighs only about 15 lbs and the Dr thought it would be safe to try it. She has been wanting to drive and go places for months.

We will be cautious about where she goes if she is alone as she would be too good a target for all those scum bags out there who take advantage of the defenseless.

Patriot thanks to you and the others who continue to offer thoughts and prayers. We both know it helps.

John

Great news everyone! The lungs are greatly improved and oxygen levels are up to 99%. Yesterday Sharon was able to start chemo again. She has started a new drug which she will receive once weekly for 3 weeks and then get a week off. No idea of how long this will go on other than until the cancer is in remission. Her attitude is still great . She was off chemo for almost exactly a month due to the lung problem.
Today for the first time in almost 5 months Sharon drove the car and we went shopping. She even loaded and unloaded her walker by herself. Lifting heavy objects is a no no due to the damaged vertebrae but the walker weighs only about 15 lbs and the Dr thought it would be safe to try it. She has been wanting to drive and go places for months.

We will be cautious about where she goes if she is alone as she would be too good a target for all those scum bags out there who take advantage of the defenseless.

Patriot thanks to you and the others who continue to offer thoughts and prayers. We both know it helps.

John
[SIZE=36pt]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very pleased about your latest post, John. I hope she's still feeling better and keeping a good thought, though if she's still in chemo or other wonder treatments, it would be a tough thing to do. Still, got to look for the best outcome, and we're all pulling for both of you.

Sac Mike

Very very pleased about your latest post, John. I hope she's still feeling better and keeping a good thought, though if she's still in chemo or other wonder treatments, it would be a tough thing to do. Still, got to look for the best outcome, and we're all pulling for both of you.
Sac Mike
+1 GUNNY ON THAT!

Thanks to all for the continued interest in "Our Adventure". Sharon seems to be making progress as to a slight reduction in pain and the ability to be a little more active. She did chemo today and did fine. She missed her chemo last week due to a low white cell count which is fairly common. It is always a disappointment when a treatment is missed.

Sharon has started fixing some meals and doing some of the laundry. Yesterday she did her first solo outing to stores and the library. She had made one previous trip to the library. She is able to load her walker in the trunk and get it out without any difficulty. There is still no indication of how much longer she will be doing chemo. The Dr. tells us we will be finished when we are done. He will not attempt to state a specific number of treatmenst of give a projected date. Different people respond to the chemo differently.

So we will just keep doing a day at a time and continue to do whatever it takes. Both of our spirits are pretty good. Naturally some days are better than others but overall we do see progress in her condition that gives us great hope.

John
Really great news John and Sharon. Terri's cancer is in remission, but she will still have chemo every three weeks but doesn't suffer any side affects from these treatments.

We will continue the prayers and I am certain the fantastic drugs available today will put the nasty cancer in remission.

Jer