My wife's driving me nuts -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
HELP !!

The vehicle - 2006 Toyota Sienna with 17K on the clock.

About 3 weeks ago, it started emitting a 1 second long beep when the ignition is turned on - i.e., the switch is moved to the start position. The beep continues after starting until 1 second is elapsed.

I've been through the owners manual, and while I have dramatically increased my knowledge of the vehicle, there is absolutely nothing about this one. I have google'd it exhaustively, to no avail.

The car runs fine, maintained by the book, etc. And again, only 17K in 22 months.

The beep seems to be somehow connected to my wife - everytime she goes some where - I hear about the beep. Go figure.

So - any ideas out there?

I'll trade you my 2000 Sienna with 106K, even up, it doesn't beep. :grin:
They're not as much fun as us, but you might try here.

https://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php

Zorlac,

You'd have to convince her.

We've been married for 28 years - and there's no convincing. Good Luck. :glare:

Thanks for the link - it never even dawned on me to look for a Sienna forum. After all, it's a MINIVAN !! :D

Is this van so modded up that you don't have a warranty?

Bring it to the dealer.

It's only 22 months and 17k miles old.

Make it their problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it have automatic doors? Is it the same beep?
It does have the right side auto door - but it's not the same beep. The beep we're getting is sounding from behind the drivers dash/instrument area, and I would describe it at 'soft'.

I thought it might be related to a low battery in the fob - but I've since ruled that out, as my key gets the same result.

There are no other error indicators active once the car starts.

This is a weird one.

Kaitsdad:

Is there any chance it has been cold where you live? I see that you live in CA so it is probably not the case unless you live in the mountains. Our Mini beeps when it is below 37 degrees F to warn of possible slippery roads.

How about a low fluid level?

Dave

How about a low tire pressure beep?
My Titan does that when the pressure drops in any tire.
Hmmmm....... I'll check this out. The car does have a pressure warning system. However, I did have it serviced 8 days ago hoping that the beep would go away. But I'll check it out anyway. Maybe it has to be reset.

Kaitsdad:Is there any chance it has been cold where you live? I see that you live in CA so it is probably not the case unless you live in the mountains. Our Mini beeps when it is below 37 degrees F to warn of possible slippery roads.

How about a low fluid level?

Dave
Good thing to consider - but it hasn't dropped below 60F at night for quite a while now. Fluid level - I'll check.

Thanks

My Titan does that also. It did it every time it was started until the tire sensors had been replaced. But on the Titan there is a light that comes on in the dash cluster. You may also want to consider that the airbag sensor for the seat may be faulty.

when you had it serviced, did they check for any stored codes? Try starting at night, wait til the domelight goes out(total darkness), watch the idiot lights for one that is flickering strangely(maybe starting to short a wire).

Does the sienna have a low oil pressure /level sensor, maybe you have a bad oil filter where the anti drain back valve is open,,, sensor is catching it until oil pressure is up

you mentioned key fobs...

is / are the settings for the wife's fob different?

set incorrectly?

Gee, Hal, time to remind "J" that her car has more electronic gadgets and is more troublesome than the FJR. :yahoo:

AND its "no fair" that she could ORDER hers with all of the farkles on it! :eek:

Er...DO NOT take interpersonal or communication advice from a "single again" person!

Generally, startup chimes are safety oriented. Both drivers and passengers seats on this vehicle have sensors that detect weight. I believe the passengers side will automatically arm the SRS for that side upon detection. Weight will also trigger a fasten seat belt chime, and with no connection, will insist that it be buckled. Does she set a purse, laptop, or your lunch on the seat? If so, this could trigger it. Thats one idea, I'm still thinking. Try holding the trip odometer reset button while starting the vehicle-I think that turns it off.

Latest posts