Mystery fastener

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearman

Reaction score
I noticed this fastener under the FJR today. I didn't see any immediately obvious places it could have come from. Could've migrated there from the messy fringes of my garage but I figured I'd ask anywho.

dsc02771.jpg

It looks like it may. Typical greenish colored anodizing, and it looks like it screws into a plastic piece on the fairing and then holds something like a bracket or... Look 'er up on a microfiche.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like something that came from Ikea. You know, like the table whose name is

Just one question for Scooter and Bluesman. Would you say that thing is metal, or plastic? :rolleyes:

You found it!!! Thank you thank you thank you. I was told recently that anybody who would put a car tire on a motorcycle must have a screw loose. And now I know where it went. Could you ship it to me??

Gary

darksider #44

By the way, ya know how you can tell for sure that it didn't fall off your bike? You were actually able to FIND it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's from the feejer. It's called a Langenweiller screw, and it secures the mid-section ferrous technoblarb arm to the circular shaped wing that controls the ion vector drift control.

You'd better reinstall it quick,,,,

biknflyfisher

Yes, it's from the feejer. It's called a Langenweiller screw, and it secures the mid-section ferrous technoblarb arm to the circular shaped wing that controls the ion vector drift control.

You'd better reinstall it quick,,,,

biknflyfisher
If it were only Friday...
I can't believe it, well I should. Another Gen2 guy that doesn'tknow squat about bikes. Anyone can plainly see it's a gazarinator screw form the huftum wankle near the rear bypass arial. Dufas. :p :D

I noticed this fastener under the FJR today. I didn't see any immediately obvious places it could have come from. Could've migrated there from the messy fringes of my garage but I figured I'd ask anywho.

dsc02771.jpg
I've seen these in furniture-assembly kits, like from Ikea.