N Ga/Atlanta area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelingdawg

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Was thinking of heading to the mountains on SUnday if the weather holds up. Last i heard 70's and sunny. Got a couple in our group that may be going. right now about 90% chance of going. I have only had the FJR in the mountains 1 time since i got it, and it was foggy and to slick to ride hard. I'm dying to go back!!!! Anybody interested give me a call on Sat. I'll be at work all day and no email available. 770-377-2674.

Thanks,

Sean

Was thinking of heading to the mountains on SUnday if the weather holds up. Last i heard 70's and sunny. Got a couple in our group that may be going. right now about 90% chance of going. I have only had the FJR in the mountains 1 time since i got it, and it was foggy and to slick to ride hard. I'm dying to go back!!!! Anybody interested give me a call on Sat. I'll be at work all day and no email available. 770-377-2674.
Thanks,

Sean
I will probably be heading that way Sunday also...not sure yet, but if I do I'll give you a call.

Mrs. Twisty and I will be at the store on the corner of Hwy. 52 and Hwy. 2 in Chattsworth near Fort Mountain at 10:00 am Sunday morning. We will probably ride the route shown below, but that could change depending on popular consensus.

Anyone interested in joining, please do.

ChattsworthSuches.jpg

MR Twisty,

I plan on being at the gas station tomorrow at 10AM. This will be my first ride with a member from this forum, so take it easy on the first timer. I ride a black 2008. I have been hesitate to meet with other members in fear of riding slow. I am no slowpoke, but have witnessed others that have had bad experiencies riding beyond their capabilities. If I hold you up, I am happy to take out on my own.

It is raining here in Dalton, but the weather report is for 74 degrees tomorrow.

Johnny

MR Twisty,I plan on being at the gas station tomorrow at 10AM. This will be my first ride with a member from this forum, so take it easy on the first timer. I ride a black 2008. I have been hesitate to meet with other members in fear of riding slow. I am no slowpoke, but have witnessed others that have had bad experiencies riding beyond their capabilities. If I hold you up, I am happy to take out on my own.

It is raining here in Dalton, but the weather report is for 74 degrees tomorrow.

Johnny
Johnny,

When riding with any group, everyone should "ride their own ride".

If you are the fastest, I certainly don't want to keep you from having fun so I will let you pass. Just wait for us at the next turn.

If you are the slowest, you will not be left behind. We will wait at every turn.

As far as my personal speed, I am faster than most, slower than some. I tend to pick up the pace in the turns, especially when they get tight. I don't really like going fast on straight aways.

Hope to meet you tomorrow. We'll have fun, I'm sure.

I'll be 2-up on an '07 with Yami top case, sans the bags.

Mike

Mike,

I think I was not clear with my previous message. My fear is that I will be slow for the group.

I plan on being at the gas staqtion at highway 411 and 52.

Johnny

Mike,I think I was not clear with my previous message. My fear is that I will be slow for the group.

I plan on being at the gas staqtion at highway 411 and 52.

Johnny
Not a problem. We will wait on you.

If Berde is riding with us tomorrow, you will have company back there. :lol:

HaHa! :lol:

Seriously. I can't stress it enough

RIDE YOUR RIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many have said they are riding tomorrow?

I gather that Berde is a someone you have rode with before. It is nice to know that I will not be alone in back.

See you in the morning.

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow but have fun and be safe. I rode Ft. Mountain about three weeks ago and the road going up the mountian from Chatworth was in great shape, going down the other side towards Elijay, the curves had some gravel/sand and required caution. Don't know if they had sanded and graveled due to icing or just to slow down riders.

Agian, have a safe and fun ride.

How many have said they are riding tomorrow?I gather that Berde is a someone you have rode with before. It is nice to know that I will not be alone in back.

See you in the morning.
Not sure how many will come. You just never know.

Yes I have riden with Berde before. He rides slow, but I respect the fact that he has the maturity to know his limitations.

The goal is to have fun, enjoy the ride and come home when it's over.

Looking forward to it.

There's no need to worry about Mr. Twisty rushing off an leaving everyone, he's a good guy and will wait up. At least he did for me. Wish I could join you gents but I have to put in a few hours at work tomorrow at the wrong time of day.

Everyone have a good ride, I'll definitly catch up with you folks another time.

Hope everybody made it through the wet roads and fog soup today.

Yeah, that was me up on 52 in the mountains waving at y'all and honking. I was on my way home, did your loop but in reverse and earlier... it was crap, but I managed to get my PR2's scuffed up and got the bike all dirty too.

Ended up cutting trees 'til 3:00pm. Did'nt make it out but will be riding to work all week long. Looks like a good forecast. I would like to get up with you folks sometime soon. Love my new '08 and got a backrest ordered from Gerauld. Should be here soon. Hope the ride today was awesome.