• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

N-Line Dash Shelves Gen 2 & 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update on this? Have money, will pay
hyper.gif

Same here. Not on the forum much, but don't want to miss out.

Same here. Not on the forum much but don't want to miss out.

nottarb posted: same here would like to know if there is any progress
Has anyone PM'd cateye77? I am sure he knows the status of this group buy.

I found his business website, and sent him the question via "Contact Us" page just a few minutes ago.

They may be busy. I suspect FJR dashboard shelves are not one of the their most lucrative items.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a post on FJROWNERS trying to get people for Gen 3 and now Gen 2. Looks like he is making them.

Hud- Is this a one-hole install? Uses existing fasteners/holes but you have to drill one in the nose? I ordered one.

I ordered one as well in early January. He mentioned he would be ready to ship by late January. Gonna wait a few days before I contact them to check on status.

Bill Lumberg posted: Hud- Is this a one-hole install? Uses existing fasteners/holes but you have to drill one in the nose? I ordered one.
Yeah, it's a really simple install. No need to remove the windshield or any fairing pieces.

Two struts attach to existing fairing screws, meaning "they need no new holes". One tiny bolt goes through a hole you must drill into the very end of the fairing's plastic nose. Attach the struts first; locate the nose-hole; mark it, remove shelf, and drill it. Reassemble everything and go for a ride into Vinings to show me your handiwork.

Took all of 30 minutes to install once I laid out the necessary tools. Click here for a few (badly blurred) photos.

FWIW, I am still extremely pleased with the shelf's appearance and workmanship. While the tablet-based cockpit is still an unfulfilled dream, the shelf carries my iPhone and Otterbox, a paper list of BMR bonus locations with lat/lon, and my garage door opener -- now mounted underneath the shelf, out of sight and protected from (most) rain.

I found his business website, and sent him the question via "Contact Us" page just a few minutes ago.
They may be busy. I suspect FJR dashboard shelves are not one of the their most lucrative items.
I did like Uncle Hud and ordered via the "Contact Us" :)

Bill Lumberg posted: Hud- Is this a one-hole install? Uses existing fasteners/holes but you have to drill one in the nose? I ordered one.
A photo of the only place you'll have to drill. It's the stainless hex-head bolt just above the mighty Momma Yama logo on the fairing's "beak". I've got thin fingers (ahem, ONLY my fingers) and was able to drill and secure the bolt without removing any part of the fairing or windscreen.

(The white thing is my Peach Pass.)

25374706647_9d7c80968c_c.jpg