Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much green to be in the "red rock" region.

I'm going to take a shot - Petrified Forest National Park?

Last hint for today...

polywood-outdoor-side-tables-ect18ar-64_145.webp

I never would have guessed that was Teal Endtable Park. 

Just kidding, it's Mesa Verde. Good clue.

That is a very different view of the park than the dwellings that I always see pictured. We were in the area but didn't stop. This looks very majestic.  Will have to put it back on the hit list as this is one of our favorite areas of the country.

Correct!

I did my only fly fishing trip on a motorcycle along this road. The falls are 6 miles up from the Cherohala. It’s a nice ride unless it’s packed with traffic. Great place most of the year. 

You’re up again, Pants!

I've been to Mesa Verde but didn't see it from that angle, Just like Goodman said.

Planning on going back this May. In spite of the pictograms in the bathhouses

35502710916_05667ee652_b.jpg

A few pics from my last visit to bald River Falls, via Canada

42943901952_c7071aa7d7_b.jpg

28124853537_62e861dd93_b.jpg

42943386292_a8d8e7bd43_b.jpg

42992915581_cb976d9684_b.jpg

28124852177_4e8d845e63_b.jpg

There's some pretty interesting details in here if you look close enough

Here's somewhere I toured back in my Nighthawk days that was scenic and historical, even though the riding was pretty straight and flat.  What I'm depicting below is technically two places very close to one another.

IMG_5209-X3.jpg

IMG_5252-X3.jpg

IMG_5268-X3.jpg

The fort and the lighhouse are fairly close to each other, and can be toured in a 1/2 day.  You do have to want to go there, though, as these places are not "on the way" to anything.

What a strange coincidence! I thought I recognized the lighthouse, but I wasn't sure.  I showed my wife the pic and she said, "Duh, that's Tybee Light. It's the one I've been painting upstairs for my boss." So that means that the fort is Fort Pulaski in Georgia, I guess. We went there in the car a few years ago but never on the bike.

She's not happy with the painting yet and will shoot me when she finds out I posted this version.

Tammy is trying to paint it for her boss who went on vacation with her husband for their anniversary to Tybee Island. They went to look at the lighthouse and went back to their room when he started not feeling well. Then he had an aneurysm right there on the bed and never woke up. This was last year right in the middle of the Covid lockdowns, so you can imagine how messed up everything got with an out-of-town funeral and family that couldn't come. It was really tragic.

Gotta make the most of every day, I guess. What is it Pants always says? Stay thirsty, friends?  I agree. We never know what the future holds.

What a strange coincidence! I thought I recognized the lighthouse, but I wasn't sure.  I showed my wife the pic and she said, "Duh, that's Tybee Light. It's the one I've been painting upstairs for my boss." So that means that the fort is Fort Pulaski in Georgia, I guess. We went there in the car a few years ago but never on the bike.

She's not happy with the painting yet and will shoot me when she finds out I posted this version.

Tammy is trying to paint it for her boss who went on vacation with her husband for their anniversary to Tybee Island. They went to look at the lighthouse and went back to their room when he started not feeling well. Then he had an aneurysm right there on the bed and never woke up. This was last year right in the middle of the Covid lockdowns, so you can imagine how messed up everything got with an out-of-town funeral and family that couldn't come. It was really tragic.

Gotta make the most of every day, I guess. What is it Pants always says? Stay thirsty, friends?  I agree. We never know what the future holds.
Mums the word but I like her work and please share the finished product.  Sad story to say the least, I try real hard to remember every day is a gift. This thread proves that in our love to travel and see all the wonders around us. 

I don't know the crossing but I suspect rain gear is in order?

Mums the word but I like her work and please share the finished product.  Sad story to say the least, I try real hard to remember every day is a gift. This thread proves that in our love to travel and see all the wonders around us. 

I don't know the crossing but I suspect rain gear is in order?
Thanks! She still struggles with structures but her flowers and mountains are really good. 

You noticed the pic is a crossing. That is the first key to the puzzle. I’ll say more about the storm in the next hint which will narrow it down quite a lot. 

Here's a hint or two. I remember the time of this picture specifically because of the storm. I was intending on crossing here to the side with a history of river pirates, but the sky looked pretty odd. I pulled up the weather and there was a severe thunderstorm warning with possible tornados and hail moving to the southeast getting ready to cross the water directly toward me. I still took some twisty back roads and stayed just barely ahead of the storm as it chased me for an hour all the way home.  I remember grinning the whole time.