Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been busy putting pressure on OM for years, hasn't worked yet :hypocritesmiley:

Thanks for posting up a new picture, looks like somewhere on the eastern side of the continent -I like roads so narrow there is no center line.

Black hills. Don't remember the name of the road but it has the cool wood bridges and you can see Rushmore through the last tunnel.

Black hills. Don't remember the name of the road but it has the cool wood bridges and you can see Rushmore through the last tunnel.
Nope. It’s east of Mississippi as Bugnatr guessed. The one lane section reminds me of the black hills. This is the only tunnel in the area and is the main attraction but there is other scenery. 

Nope. It’s east of Mississippi as Bugnatr guessed. The one lane section reminds me of the black hills. This is the only tunnel in the area and is the main attraction but there is other scenery. 
I've only been east of the Mississippi once and that was in 72 riding a chopper with Cali plates. My Easy rider experience.

I've only been east of the Mississippi once and that was in 72 riding a chopper with Cali plates. My Easy rider experience.
I'd encourage you to head our way again, but I've been out west and there's way too much to see there. I notice that all the mountains and gorges add "east of the Mississippi" in their bragging. Nowhere have I seen any of the western scenery add "west of the Mississippi". :)

Here is a view from each side:

That windshield is my OEM windshield so I went here in the first 6 months of owning the FJR. That is 2012 which was before we started venturing anywhere long distance on the bike.

If you don't know the correct pronunciation of this place you will think it is not a tunnel.

I don't have many more pictures of this place that is often called "not a tunnel" but it is 900 feet long, 12 feet high and 13 feet wide. It's inside a national forest named after what TV described as the rippin'est, roarin'est, fightin'est man the frontier ever knew. Lots of bikers ride through this area to see the tunnel, a gorge and a bridge...

Nada Tunnel. Dan'l Boone National Forest. Haven't been there, been close. The hints were too good to pass up. Another "Going to go there" thanks to this thread. 

Yes! Looks like it's pronounced nah duh tunnel but really it's nay-duh tunnel. Lots of good roads in this area and the nada tunnel road through the forest is a nice ride. The tunnel seems much smaller than 13 feet because of the rough rock walls.

You are up 1911!

Nada tunnel is on the list too - once again, I've run within 10 miles of there and passed it up completely.

I’m gonna say Ray has it. Right near where the Hood and Columbia meet, one of my favorite places to take a picture.    

So just to clarify, that is the same place as the Columbia River Gorge, right? I had typed in Columbia River in Google yesterday just because I was curious after FJRay guessed that. The picture that came up for Columbia River Gorge looked just like your first pic. Now the horseshoe road in the last one I've seen on Oregon maps before. Is that looking down on 30 or what road?