Napa Spring run 17th Feb.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who in this ride will be on FRS/GMRS radio? I will be unless I am the only one. We need to find a common frequency.
I will have my FRS/GMRS on board.
Okay, I'll hook mine up to the autocom. I've been known to turn it off. :dribble:

I told BlueStreek I did like to sing while I ride which caused him to hold off on his install.Can't imagine why, everyone likes RAP....right? :dribble: <_< :rolleyes:
Somehow I expected to read, "We're off to see the wizard..." :lol:

Hey NoCal Riders - just wanted to wish all of you a very FUN and very SAFE ride. Take lot's o' pix and enjoy the day and each others company. This is what life is about! Looking forward to the ride reports from ya'll and us Death Valley riders will post up too! Enjoy the ride my friends.. dcarver
The same to you guys. Take lost of pictures of the wild flowers (and each other) and have a great time on the desert roads and highways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey NoCal Riders - just wanted to wish all of you a very FUN and very SAFE ride. Take lot's o' pix and enjoy the day and each others company. This is what life is about! Looking forward to the ride reports from ya'll and us Death Valley riders will post up too! Enjoy the ride my friends.. dcarver
The same to you guys. Take lost of pictures of the wild flowers (and each other) and have a great time on the desert roads and highways.
Your on Mike! We will only take pictures of the Lost wildflowers! (Sorry, couldn't resist Mike!)

It looks like the wife and I will be going on this ride. I went solo on a ride last year and had a good time, thought we would try two up this time.

:bye: See y'all someday!

hope there's room for one more (scenery appreciative) rider... who can pass on this kind of weather?

James B - if you check this; can you bring along the data we talked about?

Weekend rider - hook up from Woodland to the meeting place?

:bye: See y'all someday!
Hope so TC !! A little too far north for you this time !!

glas1/2ful... always room for another.

At last count with pilots and pillions there are 31 people!!! :yahoo:

Maybe a few of the GPS equipped bikes can lead groups of 5 or 6 bikes, rather than a conga line of 20 plus bikes ???? Mix up some old regulars with some newer to the group??? I think we need to turn this it into a "shared destination " ride rather than a group ride.

Everyone think about it and we'll figure it out at The Corners.

We will fill the BlueBird Cafe, maybe eat in shifts ??? There is a Subway a couple doors down for those that'd rather dine and dash.

Maybe a few of the GPS equipped bikes can lead groups of 5 or 6 bikes, rather than a conga line of 20 plus bikes ???? Mix up some old regulars with some newer to the group???
GPS??? I seem to remember a guy chiding those of us asking for a route plan. :unsure: Remeber when guys would just "show up and ride"? :rolleyes:

I think we need to turn this it into a "shared destination " ride rather than a group ride.
Hey, you bees singin' my song.......Whassup wi' dat? Yew doesn't lyke leadin' no parade? Mebbe we's all wunna foller Mr. yew-noe-hoo! :D :bleh:

I think we need to turn this it into a "shared destination " ride rather than a group ride.
Hey, you bees singin' my song.......Whassup wi' dat? Yew doesn't lyke leadin' no parade? Mebbe we's all wunna foller Mr. yew-noe-hoo! :D :bleh:
Sounds to me like a game of chase the rabbit! Since I'm a non GPS type, at least I'm smart enough to know who set out the route and to follow him, er . . them. Me see Dave take off, me follow -- long as he's in sight, I'm not lost. B)

Our camera is in for repairs :-(

Make that 21...got a call from the dealers where my bike has been for the past 2 and a half weeks (that's the subject for a whole new post once I get my bike back) for a 1st service and a look at the instrument cluster because the dials don't always sweep (and there for work) every time I start the bike...

The good news was that they think they found a grounding problem that was causing the dials not to sweep sometimes...the bad news was that the technician working on my bike dropped it, and all down one side is damaged...they've put the parts on order but it's going to be 3 to 5 days before they get them in and then they have to fit them...it's pretty unlikely at this point that I'll have the bike back for the weekend...ride safe!
Hey, don't let that stop you from riding, nobody will notice a few scratches. Tell the dealer to have it ready for you to pick at a time of your choice and then drop it back off when your done. As long as there's no mechanical damage you should be good to go. Ride on!!
Took your advice...picked up the FJR this morning, (hope they respect my BMW that I left in their garage over the weekend a little more than they did the FJR), not as bad as I feared, will be riding up there with Yamalude...see you in Napa :yahoo:

The good news was that they think they found a grounding problem that was causing the dials not to sweep sometimes...the bad news was that the technician working on my bike dropped it, and all down one side is damaged...
Holy crap, where was this? How do you think they handled it?
East Bay Motorsports

They handled this incident well, <_< but overall it has not been a good experieince :( and my speedo's still not fixed :angry2:

It looks like the wife and I will be going on this ride. I went solo on a ride last year and had a good time, thought we would try two up this time.
JREW

I'm meeting Mr. Wizard at the Java Shack in Marysville just off the 10th bridge across from Dennys at about 7:00.

If you want to hook up and ride over together you could meet us there or we could meet at some place in Yuba City. 7:15 to 7:30

Will probably go out 113 to Knights Landing to 550 to Winters. Top off with fuel and meet the rest of the group at the corners.

Let me know. I will check back later. If not We will see you at the corners.

ds 928 as far as speedo to use just look over my shoulder and guess your speed ....and when you talk to the man who wears the star you can tell him I guess i was going this fast ??????????????????? thanks weekend rider :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

MadMike2Highlander (2up )

Jb

Bike Effects

Weekend Rider

Ric-in Sac (2up)

Orangevale (2up)

Bluestreek (2up)

Painman

ds_928 - out as the dealer dropped his bike !!

Yamalude

Tinker

NightShine

FJRay ( maybe )

Skyway (2up)

Last Chance

rontoride

Silveradoslicks..... no show ..SWMBO overuled !!

12handler

MrWizard

DR.Rich

exskibum (2up)

JREW (2up)

glas1/2ful
I'm dying here! I hope you all get those big fat juicy bugs all over your visors! ;)

Have fun in this crazy-good weather and watch yourselves, butthead wacked-out drivers/riders are already out on the roads.

Wow, looks like a big gathering. Weather should be just about perfect and as always the company is good. See you all at the corners tomorrow. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

East Bay MotorsportsThey handled this incident well, <_< but overall it has not been a good experieince :( and my speedo's still not fixed :angry2:
Have you tried Bay Area Yamaha near the airport off Milbrae Ave? Wolfgang in the service dept's a good guy. I've bought two sets of tires from them and plan to have my next service there.

Jb

So MM2 and I have been chatting and it's time to meet for the annual spring North Bay run. Last year it was Occidental, both the previous years it was Konocti Harbor. So book your weekend now as the natives are getting restless :D

We will meet at Moskowite Corners [intersection of 121 and 128] @ 0900, for the meet and greet. If it's a large group we will try to split up for a " shared destination " type of ride.

THE ROUTE

SO……. here’s the plan , weather permitting. We need no days with a hard freeze between now and ride date otherwise the route may change. The problem being the Hopland Grade, over HWY 175. It was covered in crushed red cinders last weekend, as there was a freeze a few days before. I rode the single tire track over the grade and it still stepped out front or rear more than a couple times. It’d be no fun for the two uppers. It will still probably be dirty and caution is the key word here, but we need this road to transverse the mountain , our other options are too far north or south.

So we start off at the junction meet point of 121 / 128, North on 128 to a right on Berryessa / Knoxville road, then left on Pope Canyon, link to Pope Valley, then Butts Canyon.. Left on 29, then quick right on 175 to a left on Bottle Rock Rd ( Bottle Rock’s out if there’s a freeze ). This dead ends at 175 / 29 again, left again, then left to the Hopland grade to the town of Hopland. Right at 101 for a couple hundred yards to the BlueBird Café.

We’ll break for lunch at the Blue Bird Café, pretty easy to find.

After lunch we head south for Mt House road, to 128 east, then south to Dutcher Creek road. Dutcher to Skaggs Springs road, we’ll run the 15 miles to the dam and then turn around and run it out. If you’ve never done Skaggs it is not to be missed. One of the best short roads in the state, it’s one of those roads that goes nowhere but to a goat trail, it has smooth surface, more miles of guard rail than Interstate 5 !. A true politicians pork belly road, lot’s of money spent for nothing !

LEO enforcement can be heavy, or non existent, so riders beware !

Back out of Skaggs to go south on Dry Creek rd. A quick on / off the 101 to Westside Dr, south till it hits River road. East on River, crossing 101, to Mark West Springs / Porter Creek / Petrified Forest rd to Calistoga.

We’ll review time left for riding at this point, depends how much Blah, Blah, Blah happens at lunch.

The optional ending from Calistoga is to head south on Silverado Trail , left on Deer Park through Agwin, up Howell Mtn, rd, right on Chiles/ Pope south, to east on 128 to the Junction where we began..

If there any feedback on the route, PM me, and in a couple days I’ll move this up to the initial post.

I think it’s a pretty long route, so get to the junction early for the tire kicking session. I’ve been known not to stop till we’re out of gas, so get your groove on !!

BTW…..The Café is now open at the junction for breakfast………didn’t get the hours written down though.

I’d like to split this into two groups at least, maybe a 9-30 and a 9-45 departure ???

The run is earlier this year, it may be cold, it may be wet, so be prepared, 'cause it'll be fun anyway. B)

If rained out we'll move to the next weekend.

Post up & I'll keep the list updated please.

MadMike2

Highlander (2up )

Jb

Bike Effects

Weekend Rider

Ric-in Sac (2up)

Orangevale (2up)

Bluestreek (2up)

Painman

ds_928 - out as the dealer dropped his bike !!

Yamalude

Tinker

NightShine

FJRay ( maybe )

Skyway (2up)

Last Chance

rontoride

Silveradoslicks..... no show ..SWMBO overuled !! :D

12handler

MrWizard

DR.Rich

exskibum (2up)

JREW (2up)

glas1/2ful

Racer157 solo

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MANDATORY READING !!!!!!!!!!

might want to put these links in the original post:
Group Ride Safety Thread

Hand Signals Thread

JREWI'm meeting Mr. Wizard at the Java Shack in Marysville just off the 10th bridge across from Dennys at about 7:00.

If you want to hook up and ride over together you could meet us there or we could meet at some place in Yuba City. 7:15 to 7:30

Will probably go out 113 to Knights Landing to 550 to Winters. Top off with fuel and meet the rest of the group at the corners.

Let me know. I will check back later. If not We will see you at the corners.
If you get this (I know it is late), we are planning on breakfeast at about 7:00 at the Waffle Barn in Yuba City. On the road by 7:30.

G.P. Sport in Santa Clara. They fixed the tick on mine and did the TPS recall. They also sold and serviced a LD riders bike. He was the one who recommended these guys to me. They are great to work with and were very accomodating when fixing mine. Mike in Fremont, Ca.