• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need a set of stock handlebar mounting bolts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangerous Dave

The older I get, the faster I was...
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of stock handlebar mounting bolts for the FJR...just the bolts. Anybody got a set they want to part with cheap??

Dave, I have some stainless steel 8mm x 20 long screws that are a little bit shorter than the stock ones. I bought a box for a project on my Concours. The stock FJR screws are about 25 mm long but they go right thru the top of the triple clamp, so I think that the shorter 20mm one would be fine. As long as you can torque them to the right value, then that will be the worst load they will see. I'll be happy to send you 6 of them. You decide if you want to install them.

PM me your address etc.

Russ

Damn Bro, that's awesome. I'm sure those will do the job. My bike came with risers already installed with longer bolts through them. I didn't get the stock bolts. I know that virtually everybody prefers the FJR with some risers, but honestly I'm used to a little "sportier" riding position. I'd like to give it a try without the risers just to see how it feels. I may very well come to the same conclusion as most, but I still want to try. I find that the current setup seems to cause me to 'round out' my back (shoulders forward) and frankly I find it a little uncomfortable. I think I'd actually be happier with a little more weight on my wrists in a more sportbike-ish fashion. Hence my need for the shorter bolts. I'll PM you my address. Can I send you a few bucks for them?

TIA,