Need help deciding 2015 vs 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boooya

Reaction score
So there was some discrepancies in my contract and to make a long story short I'm being offered to trade my 2014es with 17k on it on a brand new 2015es straight trade with 0 dollars.
Or a brand new 2016es for $1600+tax cad.
I like te new corner entry headlights and 6 speed but besides that what other changes are there?
And will my windscreen, exhaust and frame sliders work on the new bike?
I can't imagine the exhaust has been changed up but the front looks a little diffrent.
Thoughts?
What one should I go for?

$1600 doesn't sound too bad for a brand new current model with 17k less mileage plus cornering led's and 6 gears. If you go with the '15, it's already a year old right out of the gate which would affect future value some. Your avatar shows a '15, type o? So how'd you pull this one off? Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
$1600 doesn't sound too bad for a brand new current model with 17k less mileage plus cornering led's and 6 gears. If you go with the '15, it's already a year old right out of the gate which would affect future value some. Your avatar shows a '15, type o? So how'd you pull this one off? Nice!
That's my exact take on it as well.

They fuged my Bill of sale, they had registered the bike 9 months before selling it to me so when i purchased it only had 3 months warranty.

When I went to purchase ny extended within my 1 year i found out.

Didn't go over well and this is the settlement.

That's as much as I can disclose about it.

The 16 is blue! it has my vote as it is the fastest color.
I thought Black was...

I have heard in other cases of dealership " pre-selling" or "pre-registering" bikes so they can get the factory incentives. Glad to hear they made things right.

If is was a 14 or a 15 it would be a no brainer, but 15 or 16 is tough. If the color and the lights are worth the 1600 , I say go for it. if not, just get the 15.

2016 for $1600.00. Its a no brainer! Tell them you know another guy that will take the same deal.
smile.png

I believe the '16 is the better deal of the two. First, you will probably like it better. Second, come resale time (if that ever happens) the '16 will be much more desirable. Besides, who can resist blue!

Essentially, you're trading your '14 in on a '16 for $1600. I did a lot price checking before I bought mine..... round numbers, '14 for C$15, '15 for $16, '16 is $19..... here or there. Even if the difference '14 to '16 is $3k, they're gonna give it to you for $1600, and hopefully do the paperwork as a trade-n so you only pay tax on $1600. No brainer. I don't even want a '16 but I'll do that deal.

Gotta go with the collective, a new '16 for only $1600CDN - press the easy button!

Good luck and enjoy the '16!

--G

'16, '16, '16! For all the reasons mentioned plus LED lighting, etc. esp. the new tranny/clutch. The old 5 speed suits me just fine on my '08 but better is better!

I vote for the 2016! Too many upgrades to pass up.

I love my 2013A, but looking back I wish I would have paid the up charge for a 2014ES.

In my opinion the purchase of an FJR is a LONG term investment. Get the best right up front.

Buyers remorse goes both ways.

Sometimes you wish you wouldn't bought something

Sometimes you wish you would have bought something better